General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Gubberment Interference....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011 | 03:08 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

really? a moron? YOu think I'm a moron because I am in favor of laws protecting children from harm due to neglectful parents?

But you don't think that YOU'RE a moron for driving your grandkids around in a boat without a life jacket?

Ok.

By the way, lots of kids ARE dead who's parents let them out onto lake ontario without a life jacket.

Also, my kids have just as many experiences as your kids do. My kid was out on the boat with me before he was two, as soon as an infant life jacket could fit him. There is no way in hell I would let a kid out on my boat on the lake without a life jacket ON him.

But maybe I just have that protective genetic thing in me that you were talking about before.

Old 01-19-2011 | 03:18 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy
really? a moron? YOu think I'm a moron because I am in favor of laws protecting children from harm due to neglectful parents?
No he thinks your a moron because....well.....never mind.

Don't feel bad about it, Obama's a moron. And Hey, he made it into the White House.

You're on a roll tho. This is the first thread I've seen you on where you made something near to sense.

Old 01-19-2011 | 03:27 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member

My father once told me "Son, a person can be on the right side of an argument and still sound like an idiot".

Old 01-19-2011 | 03:35 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

Everyone can have their own opinion, and mine is that I don't need "Big Brother" to control every safety aspect of my life.

This country is turning into a bunch of sheep, becoming more and more controlled by the 'establishment'...

I'll make my own decisions and set rules and guidelines for myself and those that are close to me, and no, I don't need the Government to tell me what I should or shouldn't do...

Old 01-19-2011 | 03:40 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Everyone can have their own opinion, and mine is that I don't need "Big Brother" to control every safety aspect of my life.
I agree.

How about building codes, you guys like those or no?

Old 01-19-2011 | 03:41 PM
silverwolf79
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cromagnon
I don't think this one will pass. But it seems as though these congressional dipshits in Virginia are just trying to invent new laws. Go figure ... VA is the easiest place to buy a gun and get a conceal permit. Personally I would not take a kid younger than like 10 with me but hey aren't horses dangerous too? Perhaps they should ban children on them too. Or how about the General Assembly just meet every 10 years ....
And I'll add to this ,seat belt laws that we have here , hmmmmm ,, I haven't noticed any on our school buses !!!!!

Old 01-19-2011 | 03:44 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I haven't noticed any on our school buses !!!!!
The driver must wear one.

Seat belt laws are not to protect YOU, they are to protect the rest of the people on the road. So when you have to swerve to avoid something, you stay in your seat and maintain controll of the vehicle. Or when you are in a minor acccident but still moving, you stay in the seat and don't go sliding into the passenger side while your car crosses the double yellow and kills someone.

In NY, busses under a certain size DO have seatbelts, btw. Don't knwo if that's the same everywhere though.

Old 01-19-2011 | 03:46 PM
poppa steve
Advanced

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
You can not legislate intelligence. On the TV today there was a lady who let her child drown because she was on the computer while the one year old took a bath and drown. Should we outlaw computers for parents of small children so this can not happen again? I know when my kid is to small to ride with me and I do not need a rule to tell me when it is unsafe.
Exactly!!!! Where will it stop? No one is saying we don't need laws a nation without laws is chaos. Every time something bad happens some politicion tries to right it by writing a new law.It's like said you can't fix stupid with a law, you can't change whats inside a man with a law. I was taught growing up that you take responsebility for your actions and you have to live with the decisions you make good or bad. If they canceled this law would you stop putting your kids in life vests or seat belts? I wouldn't!! People go to Washington and all the sudden there god,all knowing all seeing and where too stupid to even feed ourselves right.Kids fall out of boats? How about no one under 18 allowed on boats?Or all boats have to be enclosed. Tell me where does it end.I want to be free to make my own decisions and I know I will have to live with the outcome.Look at the shape the country is in. There not that smart. JMHO.

Old 01-19-2011 | 03:53 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

If they canceled this law would you stop putting your kids in life vests or seat belts? I wouldn't!!
But others would. And others still don't put their kids in life vests or seatbelts, and they get ticketed for it. And some do purely out of the desire to avoid the ticket.

Kids fall out of boats? How about no one under 18 allowed on boats?
OR, how about when a boat is underway, a child under 12 must have a lifevest on.

Oh, wait, that is the law. A sensible law that doesn't really prevent anyone from enjoying boating.

People go to Washington and all the sudden there god,all knowing all seeing and where too stupid to even feed ourselves right
I don't know about the "god" thing, but we already know that some people are not responsible enough to put their kids in a vest on the lake, or to put them into a carseat.

If it was just going to hurt them, fine. But this is about kids that can't, or don't, know better to protect themselves.

Tell me where does it end
um, it ended with a law that said kids under 12 have to wear a vest in a boat, and another that said kids under 50lbs (?) have to be in a carseat.

Old 01-19-2011 | 03:54 PM
silverwolf79
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DEGRider
Chip,chip, chip away . When will people learn that the Government wans to control our daily lives.

Sir , you're right on .........

Welcome to Government Healthcare , not quite there yet but step by step
they will get there !

Quick Reply: More Gubberment Interference....