General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Gubberment Interference....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011 | 01:30 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cameraboy
I'm sorry, You think my views that certain laws that protect children are "idiotic," yet you have no issue with the person who (maybe it was you?) want on a tirade about, and then verified, that they would rather that these children were left to die of neglect, because that's survival of the fittest?

Really? That's who you are?

Ok. I think differently. I'm also glad most of our society does too.

Peace.
I've got some fat fingers and often hit the wrong key, but WTF are you trying to say here CAMERABOY???

OKAY - lets try to have a little discussion. I believe that anybody caught abusing a child should be immediately executed, and I would gladly be the executioner. I believe that moronic politicians keep passing laws that they pretend are to protect our children, but at the same time they keep protecting the criminals that are harming our children. I do not need any politician (or any liberal a$$hole like you) to tell me what I need to do to protect my children. The protective instinct is in my genetic makeup. Now if you phucking geniouses want to tell me I can't let my kids do something that YOU think is dangerous - ***** you. I'll take my kids white water rafting. I'll take them skydiving. I'll let them have experiences that they will take with them for the rest of their lives, but let some dirt bag try to harm them and I will be there ready to take 'em out!

Old 01-19-2011 | 01:37 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by rh8234
I've got some fat fingers and often hit the wrong key, but WTF are you trying to say here CAMERABOY???

OKAY - lets try to have a little discussion. I believe that anybody caught abusing a child should be immediately executed, and I would gladly be the executioner. I believe that moronic politicians keep passing laws that they pretend are to protect our children, but at the same time they keep protecting the criminals that are harming our children. I do not need any politician (or any liberal a$$hole like you) to tell me what I need to do to protect my children. The protective instinct is in my genetic makeup. Now if you phucking geniouses want to tell me I can't let my kids do something that YOU think is dangerous - ***** you. I'll take my kids white water rafting. I'll take them skydiving. I'll let them have experiences that they will take with them for the rest of their lives, but let some dirt bag try to harm them and I will be there ready to take 'em out!
+1 Bro. Pretty much sums it up

Old 01-19-2011 | 01:43 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

You can not legislate intelligence. On the TV today there was a lady who let her child drown because she was on the computer while the one year old took a bath and drown. Should we outlaw computers for parents of small children so this can not happen again? I know when my kid is to small to ride with me and I do not need a rule to tell me when it is unsafe.

Old 01-19-2011 | 01:48 PM
DEGRider
Outstanding HDF Member

Chip,chip, chip away . When will people learn that the Government wans to control our daily lives.

Old 01-19-2011 | 02:00 PM
SMF
Banned

Originally Posted by degrider
chip,chip, chip away . When will people learn that the government wans to control our daily lives.
dude get a life dont you think if they wanted to rule your life they would have by now? I mean government has been around for a while now.

Old 01-19-2011 | 02:16 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

no bro because you go to extremes, i dont even want to know how you got from kids riding to survival of the fittest and children dying. It makes me glad that most people dont think like you because if they did then we wouldnt have motorcycles
a different poste, one who shares your opinion, went on a tirade about nanny laws. I asked if he felt all nanny laws were bad. he said yes, I pushed for clarification, he went on about survival of the fittest.

now THAT is extreme.

The protective instinct is in my genetic makeup.
Just not when it comes to lifejackets, I guess.

On the TV today there was a lady who let her child drown because she was on the computer while the one year old took a bath and drown. Should we outlaw computers for parents of small children so this can not happen again?
Of course not, but there should be a law that says your kid has to be in a carseat. Or that you have to have a lifejacket on board a boat for them. Or that you have to feed, shelter, and clothe them, or they get taken away.

Oh wait, there are laws like that.

What's the alternative?

Last edited by cameraboy; 01-19-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-19-2011 | 02:25 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

but to bring it back down to earth, an age restriction for motorcycle rides on the roads that were built with public money... not a big deal to me.

Frankly, I would RATHER that they didn't pass this law, but instead passed one requiring proper riding attire for children under 12 who are motorcycle passengers.

Old 01-19-2011 | 02:44 PM
10ring
Road Captain

Are you resentful that the "gubment" made you get a drivers license too?
I grew up in a "Mayberry" style of small town in Oklahoma, without even a single traffic light. I remember when, as a child in the late 60's, some of the younger policemen would get red-faced mad at some of the old farmers in the area for not having a driver license. The cops had a terrible time informing the farmers that they couldn't drive without a DL, as the farmers always explained to the cops that "I've been driving ever since my Pa got that brand new Model T over't dealers in the city....I shore liked it better when we got to drive that Model A later on. Hot damn, what a firecracker that one was! Didn't have nuthin' like a license ever before...been dri'vin' for mor'in forty-six years. Say, how old are you anyway, boy? Now, would you run along and go tell Mrs. Wadsach that we'll be expecting her an' her husband over for dinner after church tomorrow? I'd stay'an talk a bit, boy, but I have ta' go in here an' pay my 'lectric bill." And with that, the policeman would just go into the dry goods and sundry store and kick something.

Old 01-19-2011 | 02:45 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

but to bring it back down to earth, an age restriction for motorcycle rides on the roads that were built with public money... not a big deal to me.

Frankly, I would RATHER that they didn't pass this law, but instead passed one requiring proper riding attire for children under 12 who are motorcycle passengers.
Wow, now you want laws telling you how to dress your kids....
Who is going to decide what is proper? Some yahoo that has never been on a motorcycle? Where does it end? Nevermind, I don't think I want to know.

Old 01-19-2011 | 02:51 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member

CAMERABOY - you are a moron. My grandkids ain't dead. They have been in boats without lifejackets. They ain't dead. They have skateboarded without protective gear. They ain't dead. I've taken the grandson up in a hot air balloon. He ain't dead. Both of them have ridden on my bike. They ain't dead. They have had experiences that will mold their lives. Maybe you lived in a bubble all your life. Maybe you think all kids need to be locked in a facility managed by the state until they ar 18 years old. You do what you think is right for your kids. In a few years we'll find out you raised a bunch of pu$$ified democraps that want the Gubment to take care of them. My kids and my grandkids will be taking care of themselves.

Quick Reply: More Gubberment Interference....