General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Gubberment Interference....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011 | 11:57 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Pass all the laws you want CAMERABOY and kids will still die due to stupid parenting
But some will not. Like kids that show up to school and havn't been fed all weekend. Or kids who's parents think it's fine for them to ride in the front seat without a seatbelt, but who buckle them in the back so as not to get a ticket.

NObody claimed that laws protecting children will protect every child every time.

My grandkids have been in boats that are actually underway (in fact they have been driving the boats) with no life jacket on. I was breaking the law. Guess what - that ain't the only law I break. I NEVER wear a phucking seat belt! Been stopped a few times for it and sometimes I get a ticket, sometimes I get a warning. I don't like seat belts and I don't like moron politicians telling me I have to wear one. I do not give a crap if it makes me safer.
The adult seatbelt law is not to protect YOU, it's to protect the other people on the road. I guess if you don't want to obey the rules of the public roadways, you are free to not use them. Or continue to get ticketed. And complain about it.

Are you resentful that the "gubment" made you get a drivers license too?

I hope your grand kids don't fall out of the boat while underway. Too many kids have drowned locally that way for my tastes, and I'm glad that NY requires the life vest for kids under 12 while underway.

Do you know if your state has a lilfevest law?

How the happy horse Fk did taking your kid for a ride lead to a comparison to stuffing him, shitty diaper and all, into a box behind the stove?????
Because, like with any discussion involving a law, someone else didn't stick to the topic at hand, but went on a tirade about government interference and a hatred of all "nanny" laws. I just followed his logic.

Old 01-19-2011 | 12:17 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member

Because, like with any discussion involving a law, someone else didn't stick to the topic at hand, but went on a tirade about government interference and a hatred of all "nanny" laws. I just followed his logic.
Oh, I get it it's the old "fight over the top illogical statements with even more over the top illogical statements" Next time let's use a flame thrower to put out a match.

Old 01-19-2011 | 12:21 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh, I get it it's the old "fight over the top illogical statements with even more over the top illogical statements" Next time let's use a flame thrower to put out a match.
Not really. The person stated he was against all " nanny" laws and so I asked if they were against some specific child protection laws, and they said they were.

Old 01-19-2011 | 12:25 PM
SMF
Banned

Originally Posted by cameraboy
Not really. The person stated he was against all " nanny" laws and so I asked if they were against some specific child protection laws, and they said they were.
NOBODY CARES MAN, IF MY KID WANTS TO GO ON A RIDE WITH ME ILL TAKE HIM. IT SHOULD BE MY DECISION TO TAKE THE RISK OR NOT, NOT THAT OF A DAMN ART TARD TRYING TO GET SOME FACE TIME ON THE NEWS.

Old 01-19-2011 | 12:30 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member

You will find many on here who claim to be "against" just about any laws.

Old 01-19-2011 | 12:34 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

You will find many on here who claim to be "against" just about any laws.
Yea, I see that.

This is, of course, folly. Nobody who rides a manufactured vehicle on a public road could do that without the laws that structure the society that makes this possible. But this particular law at hand, it doesn't bother me. I've made that clear, so I'll jsut watch the discussion unless addressed specifically.

Old 01-19-2011 | 12:51 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member

Like I have said half a dozen times - don't waste your time discussing anything with the all - knowing CAMERABOY. I can't even take my own advice. For some reason - when he posts his idiotic views, I feel the need to comment, even though I know it is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It only frustrates you and it makes the pig mad.

Old 01-19-2011 | 01:09 PM
SMF
Banned

=
trollllllllin

Old 01-19-2011 | 01:12 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm sorry, You think my views that certain laws that protect children are "idiotic," yet you have no issue with the person who (maybe it was you?) want on a tirade about, and then verified, that they would rather that these children were left to die of neglect, because that's survival of the fittest?

Really? That's who you are?

Ok. I think differently. I'm also glad most of our society does too.

Peace.

Old 01-19-2011 | 01:17 PM
SMF
Banned

i'm sorry, you think my views that certain laws that protect children are "idiotic," yet you have no issue with the person who (maybe it was you?) want on a tirade about, and then verified, that they would rather that these children were left to die of neglect, because that's survival of the fittest?

Really? That's who you are?

Ok. I think differently. I'm also glad most of our society does too.

Peace.
no bro because you go to extremes, i dont even want to know how you got from kids riding to survival of the fittest and children dying. It makes me glad that most people dont think like you because if they did then we wouldnt have motorcycles

Quick Reply: More Gubberment Interference....