General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Gubberment Interference....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011 | 03:35 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I am in favor of the Darwin approach and allow the parents to make the decision...there by the really stupid parents who reproduce and have really stupid kids can take them riding and thereby "thin the herd" of the mentally weaker of our species. Government interference into this natural selection process will only produce an entire generation of mentally challenged riders who will ultimately by scooters and Honda Goldwings and f**k up the whole industry.

Then 3 decades later when the morons take over....they will want seat belts, air bags and training wheels on your Harley.

Wake up America!! The stupid have the right to kill themselves.

Old 01-18-2011 | 03:53 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Doesn't bother me.

But is anyone going to point out that this is not an infirngement of your rights or civil liberties? Riding a motorcycle and/or taking your kid on one isn't a right.

Neither is using the public roadways, for that matter. Or driving any vehicle at all.

This law wouldn't bother me any more or less than the law we have in NYS that required children under 12 to wear a life vest on any boat under a certain size while underway. 30 feet, maybe?

Old 01-18-2011 | 04:02 PM
kanelakos
Road Master

This past summer I saw a little kid bungied to his father on a crotch rocket. I could not believe my eyes. To me it is common sense if the kid cannot put their feet on the pegs they should not be on the bike. There will be plenty of time to ride with your child once they get big enough. Why take a chance when they are so young and/or small. Some adults have hard enough time hanging on. JMHO.

Old 01-18-2011 | 04:13 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

I had to bungy an old girlfriend on a few times after a night out.

Old 01-18-2011 | 04:14 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

My daughter was riding with me from 5 on , she's 34 now . Many years ago on a road trip I pulled up behind a couple on Goldwing towing a small trailer . They had set up a little box trailer with a roll cage and a 4 or 5 yr old kid was in there looking happy as could be in his little nest helmet and all .

Old 01-18-2011 | 07:50 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

i had to bungy an old girlfriend on a few times after a night out.
haaa!!!

Old 01-18-2011 | 11:32 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

Don't come crying to me when they outlaw something you DO care about, and they will eventually at the rate they are going.
Just because it won't make any difference to you this time, what will it take for you to be less apathetic?

What does it take for people to wake up and stop re-electing the same idiots and expecting different results? Insanity......

Old 01-18-2011 | 11:50 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

We've got a freaking law that says if they can't reach the pegs they can't ride. Idiot politicians got nothing better to do I guess

They even say

"While there haven't been any local casualties or serious injuries to children riding on motorcycles, the Police Department wants to prevent any from occurring, Wichtendahl said."

Maybe they should take an aspirin in case they get a headache.....Come on 2012

Old 01-19-2011 | 12:04 AM
lou1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cameraboy
Doesn't bother me.

But is anyone going to point out that this is not an infirngement of your rights or civil liberties? Riding a motorcycle and/or taking your kid on one isn't a right.

Neither is using the public roadways, for that matter. Or driving any vehicle at all.

This law wouldn't bother me any more or less than the law we have in NYS that required children under 12 to wear a life vest on any boat under a certain size while underway. 30 feet, maybe?
This isn't about motorcycle riding and giving your kids a ride being a right. It is about the government interfering in parental rights in general. I realize a few numnuts always screw it up for everybody. but we, as parents should still have the right to raise our kids the way we see fit.
lou

Old 01-19-2011 | 12:08 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by lou1
This isn't about motorcycle riding and giving your kids a ride being a right. It is about the government interfering in parental rights in general. I realize a few numnuts always screw it up for everybody. but we, as parents should still have the right to raise our kids the way we see fit.
lou
Amen Brother

Quick Reply: More Gubberment Interference....