General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

one eyed-eye patch???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Fossil
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only see motion in my right eye. A friend had a stroke and lost the use of his right eye. The state of Florida took his driver's license. They say that he is unqualified to drive with just one eye. Looked the law up and it doesn't say a thing about that but any eye doctor will report you to the state. So best check up on your state's driver license laws. Just in case. For an eye patch how about google that and see what the internet has.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:33 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ok < I got one eye that works , one eye that don't ( around 10 % vision,) . whats up with wanting to wear a patch ?? does it help something ??

Old 01-19-2011, 12:47 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

yall are kinda scarin me lol.my dad only had one eye.he got blasted in ww2.he didnt ride but he drove a car/tractor and worked cattle(which i dont see how/things happen fast) i sold a ninja to my bro's friend with one eye and he didnt seem to let it slow him down. i have no advice to give but i just wanted to say hats off to all you guys.i really dont see how yall do it.i cant imagine going through that.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:20 AM
superwoody2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lost my left eye in '71. Got shot in Silverbell, Arizona. Was totally "blind" for 3 months because I had to wear a patch during the day on my good eye due to the fact my good eye was trying to absorb all the sunlight I had been taking in for two eyes. Still carrying lead. My point: I have been ridin' since '68. Never quit. I guess I'll ask one question: I am presuming with the "patch" job you are thinking about, you will NEVER ride without glasses, goggles and/or a windshield of which all should be "shatterproof", right? I have been hit by stones, turkeys, birds and in one instance, a fat-*** June bug that hit me square in my "good eye" Splattered guts all over my goggles. Went "blind" right now. Had to down shift until I felt the shoulder of the road before I could stop. Yea, keep ridin' but I'll tell you one thing: 3 months was long enough for me to be totally blind. JUST WEAR EYE PROTECTION!!! BTW, I got a plastic eye with an orbital implant. I keep telling my wife if we ever win the lotto I'm going to get a new plastic eye with a H-D insignia on it.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 AM
coyotee
Advanced
Default Your Bike

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
Should be able to get one at the drug store.
That is one cool looking bike

Old 01-19-2011, 08:44 AM
coyotee
Advanced

Thanks for all the tips guys, I hope my condition is temporary and can be fixed. Id rather ride than eat or sleep.........

Old 01-19-2011, 09:48 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hockey Stick
Ain't blind, but having enough problems in my left eye that I may be better off with a patch.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-t...-floaters.html

Screws with my depth perception and when I'm changing lanes to the left I nearly break my neck truning round to see.
yeah 20/400 rt eye. see colrs and shapes. 20/20 left eye. much improves sight with patch blocking bad eye

Old 01-19-2011, 09:52 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirk65
Good Thread, Relli. I thought about starting a thread on this subject a month or so ago. I was Diagnosed with Gluacoma at age 11. I am legally blind in my left eye. It does mess with depth perception. I started riding after the loss so can not compare the difference.
I gave great consideration to the fact before I took the MSF course. 2 years in and no problems. I do not wear a patch. Eye looks normal with exception of lazy eye. I was wondering if others rode with use of one eye though. Thanks
58 yo . glacoma and cataracts rt eye. feel like a dog chasing his tale when some one comes up on my rt side. lol

Old 02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
coyotee
Advanced
Default eye problems

Dang yall, Im just an ol mangy biker......I guess we're all kinda loosing somthin ea year goes bye. One good ear & one good eye....need a rider on both sides

Old 02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
curlydee
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

One of my riding buddies only has one eye. He is a fanatic about riding with both full face

shield and a windshield tall enough he has to look through it to ride. He has been riding for

years.

Quick Reply: one eyed-eye patch???