General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Made in China"

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 07:04 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The jeans I wear are made in America, Los Angeles to be exact. But they cost about $200 a pair. Is that what you want to pay for jeans? It's a World economy now in case you haven't noticed. Get over it.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:09 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I try to buy American, but I don't get carried away. I bought a blanket today that was made in Mexico.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:10 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 276 Posts

Whatever "flag" people may be waving their first loyalty is to their own wallets and from that loyalty you will reap what you sow...

Canada? Would you rather have China for a neighbor? Stuff would be even cheaper without the long ocean haul...but Canada couldn't afford any of your debt.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:11 PM
RamAirThree
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
The jeans I wear are made in America, Los Angeles to be exact. But they cost about $200 a pair. Is that what you want to pay for jeans? It's a World economy now in case you haven't noticed. Get over it.
I'll remember you said that when we all meet on the unemployment line... I'm just sayin'

Old 01-17-2011, 07:18 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear ya, and you had better face this fact, We would be back in the Stone Age if toy took every foreign componnent off of every type of bike car tv you name it, Stone age. Got any candles?

It really sucks when you think real hard about it, why worry it's just a one trip rodeo in this relm anyway.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
RamAirThree
Road Captain

Originally Posted by WolfDog
It really sucks when you think real hard about it, why worry it's just a one trip rodeo in this relm anyway.
I hear that .... and so true, just like all the lives sacrificed for this great land just so we could throw it all away on greedy profit and laziness.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:22 PM
ga guy
Cruiser

Everything is made in China. They attach "made in USA" label if buyer wants it.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:25 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 946 Posts

If someone doesn't like a product, where it's made and what its quality is, DON'T BUY IT!!!

I do have a question, if nothing is made in the USA any more, how is it the case that the USA has the world's largest manufacturing economy? We produce just under 1/5 of all manufactured products in the world. China makes less.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:33 PM
RamAirThree
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
If someone doesn't like a product, where it's made and what its quality is, DON'T BUY IT!!!

I do have a question, if nothing is made in the USA any more, how is it the case that the USA has the world's largest manufacturing economy? We produce just under 1/5 of all manufactured products in the world. China makes less.
I am not sure where you got your statistics from but I do not even see how that is conceivable seeing what is out there for the consumer in retail goods and as for the statement of just don't buy them... that isn't the point although it is already practiced. The point is if we do not combine as a nation and get our lazy, greedy, ignorant heads out of our wahzoo... how do you expect this country to survive? Does no one feel an obligation and a responsibility to uphold what so many sacrificed for us to have?

Old 01-17-2011, 07:36 PM
VA Biker
Tourer

The cloths are made in China but they seem to be good quality.

I did just get a Fox Creek leather jacket made in my home state of VA. It wasnt overpriced either ,actually less than a Harley jacket that I dont think is as nice. So how does the being made in China makes it cheaper argument work here?

Quick Reply: "Made in China"