Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LeatherUp vs Schott

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
dortiz
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LeatherUp vs Schott

I am looking for some biased opinions (fans of both if possible). Removing the made in USA (I know!).
Anyone bought both and can say the Schott is worth more. After buying some LeatherUp gear I have been happy. Sadly I tried on a Schott and the leather was amazing!! I was about to order leatherUps premium biker jacket for less than a $100 when I found a used Schott 125 for $200 thats practically brand new (Not Vintage).
Is the LeatherUP less quality Leather?

Thanks

Old 01-16-2011, 08:40 PM
yljkt
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dortiz
I am looking for some biased opinions (fans of both if possible). Removing the made in USA (I know!).
Anyone bought both and can say the Schott is worth more. After buying some LeatherUp gear I have been happy. Sadly I tried on a Schott and the leather was amazing!! I was about to order leatherUps premium biker jacket for less than a $100 when I found a used Schott 125 for $200 thats practically brand new (Not Vintage).
Is the LeatherUP less quality Leather?

Thanks
The Schott is
the one to have.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:49 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, the schott is better leather.

for a difference of 100 dollars there should not even be a question as to which to get.

Or for a difference of 500 dollars either.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:53 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I have had both. I still have my Schott that I outgrew (gut). The Leatherup jacket is quite nice, but it not a Schott. For $400 less I took it for what it is. It will last a while.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
ElectraDave
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

if u want to help a foreign economy, by all means buy from leatherup. i think their stuff is made in pakistan with water buffalo leather. i understand not everyone can buy new made in u.s., but u can find good deals on ebay on used jackets that are made in u.s. and u are helping an american when u buy.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
jbyun
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ElectraDave
if u want to help a foreign economy, by all means buy from leatherup. i think their stuff is made in pakistan with water buffalo leather. i understand not everyone can buy new made in u.s., but u can find good deals on ebay on used jackets that are made in u.s. and u are helping an american when u buy.
Hope you don't have a lot of Harley clothes because a lot of that is made in ... wait for it ... United States of China.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the model Schott. Is the one you're looking at horsehide? If so I'd jump on it. If not, it's still a good jacket, but you'll probably be just as happy with the leather-up, nothing wrong with them, that's for sure. Some will say go with the Schott no matter what, but I think it's more of a status thing with a lot of riders anyway. Check out http://www.legendaryusa.com/Leather-...acket-s/17.htm too. They have nice horsehide too, and they're made by exactly the same union workers that build the Schotts jackets. Most people (including Schott owners) would not be able to tell the difference, but they offer more reasonable pricing.

Last edited by clicker01; 01-16-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 PM
dortiz
Road Captain

clicker01
The Schott is the regular cowhide. Actually my original plan was to buy the Leatherup since its so cheap and save up for a new Horsehide Schott or Legendary. I like them both.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Schott horsehide
Vanson

Old 01-16-2011, 09:19 PM
ROMPUS
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shotts by far, but other isn't bad for the price.

Quick Reply: LeatherUp vs Schott