General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob vs Super Glide Custom

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 04:51 AM
11bDad
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing against apes, but the SGC just felt more comfortable to me. I also wouldn't need to add seating and pegs for my occasional passenger. Added some highway pegs and it's as comfortable as a recliner. Still have to add a sissy bar/pad, a windshield and luggage for trips, and Rush slip-ons. Believe me, it never stops. Mine sleeps in the garage, so I can't offer any info on parking it outside. Good luck.

2010 FXDC
Name:  0116111504.jpg
Views: 3535
Size:  173.4 KB

Old 01-18-2011, 06:23 AM
Silverglide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your going to park it in an open shelter have really good insurance. I loved my superglide but put the 10" mini apes on it for comfort. Great bike you won't regret it.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Sammy1200N
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

So since you're newly married and you've been riding your father inlaw's bike, have you asked him? I'm sure he's got some good advice for his new son in law and he'd probably love to share it! And what does your wife think? No bike gives you everything you want - go for the one you like the most.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Presented for your puking pleasure. Enjoy.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:18 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by warrconn
Super Glide Custom for sure! No pretensions or "attitude" (God, I hate that word).
My opinion exactly.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:09 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
Presented for your puking pleasure. Enjoy.
Same here.....grab a bucket!

I got the Street Bob cause I thought it was a better looking bike and I like the Denim Black paint and black engine.

Last edited by craigffb; 01-18-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

Sounds like you're leaning toward Superglide anyway. I agree with the comment about the Street Bob being a trendy bike, no need to buy a new one, there are so many low mileage used ones out there for sale. At least there are around these parts.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 AM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sammy1200N
So since you're newly married and you've been riding your father inlaw's bike, have you asked him? I'm sure he's got some good advice for his new son in law and he'd probably love to share it! And what does your wife think? No bike gives you everything you want - go for the one you like the most.

That's a good question what does dad inlaw and wife have to say?

Super glide was the Harley to have when I bought mine in 1978.

To me still the one today.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Ockam
Tourer

You might want to disregard this but...get a Fat Boy or Fat Boy Lo for 2 up riding. The softail is going to be a more comfortable ride for you and the lady. A two up seating seat up will cost between $250 and $500 on any bike.

I had the Street Bob as my first Harley in 2009, it was a terrific bike but I think I agree that the styling of the Super Glide is much better. The dyna's will give you that crotch tightning lurch of power you may love, but in my opinion they suffer in style when modified for two up riding.

It seems on the dyna, some guys struggle to keep that "bad boy" look when they add the passenger seating set up, so they go for thinner seats, lower profile, etc. So what you gain in looks, you loose when your *** hurts.

Just my two cents. The cost difference is about $3k on stock between the super glide custom and the fat boy. If it means you and the lady will enjoy longer rides together with a little more comfort, then thats the softail is the way to go. If you just want to tear ***, and hop over to the bar, then the dyna is the way to go.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
dblkick
Cruiser

I loved my StreetBob but for 2 up riding I think your wife will hate it! My wife really didn't like the ride on the back of the Bob (Dyna) so when I went shopping for a touring bike she was all for it..
BUT.... if it's just you, either one will be awsome!

Quick Reply: Street Bob vs Super Glide Custom