General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who got what

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 03:05 PM
wideglide64
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who got what

Who got what free when they bought a new bike from the dealer,i tried for a quick release windsheild or a new jacket and got nothing,but the bike.ummmm.just wonder if anybody got any goodies for free.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:15 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

nope and I never tried. I have never understood why people expect or try to get things free when they buy a bike. People don't get free things when they buy a car or a house or anything else like that. It only seems to be bikes that people expect free stuff when they buy, why is that?

Old 01-16-2011, 03:19 PM
soulpony
Road Captain

When I picked up my Streetglide I told them after we came to terms, that to close the deal then had to get rid of that tiny assed windshield and give me a bigger one, they said pick one, they mounted it and I drove outta there on the SG

Old 01-16-2011, 03:20 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I got the thrill of running up n down the roads
grinning like I'm on meds
Iam on meds

Old 01-16-2011, 03:20 PM
PktChg
Tourer

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
nope and I never tried. I have never understood why people expect or try to get things free when they buy a bike. People don't get free things when they buy a car or a house or anything else like that. It only seems to be bikes that people expect free stuff when they buy, why is that?
With a car or house, you can actually NEGOTIATE with the salesman......not with a bike. Besides, the extra stuff if fluff for them anyway.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:21 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

With my last two bikes, I got a guardian bell, a chrome license plate frame, two t-shirts of my choosing, a HD logo baseball cap, a service manual, two key rings - one pewter one plastic, a shadow box with the pewter models of bikes that came out in the 80's, a HD logo ball point pen and the 1K service thrown in.

The license plate frame is not in the picture as it was put on the bike at delivery. The service manual was on order when I took the picture. Some of the "stuff" is fluff but the 1K service, the shadow box and service manual was worth over $400. The Ultra was at MSRP but got the rims changed to what I wanted for $0. The Dyna Superglide was at $1K under MSRP. Both were 2010 models bought last year.

When I buy a car I go for at least three free oil changes and free car washes for the duration of ownership. Successful so far. On other big ticket things I go for free delivery and 10% off the agreed on price for cash.

Most of the world bargains for price. Why not in the US I don't understand. I learned to do it at an early age.

Here's a tip on how to do it. When they agree of the prices ask for the extra's. If they say no just get up and say that's too bad and walk out. They will either cave before you hit the door or call you at home the next day. It does help that they know you are a cash buyer.

It's my money that I have worked hard for it. Those that want to have it must work very hard to get it from me.

One HD dealer would not budge. So far I have taken the five HD's that I got else where and shown them to the sales manager. Maybe if I try once more the poor fellow may have learned that for the sake of a few $ he lost the dealership many thousands.

I almost forgot. Also got a years membership in the National and local H.O.G

Last edited by lh4x4; 01-16-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:22 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by soulpony
When I picked up my Streetglide I told them after we came to terms, that to close the deal then had to get rid of that tiny assed windshield and give me a bigger one, they said pick one, they mounted it and I drove outta there on the SG
that kinda makes sense...it's a small item and you didn't "get it free" you exchanged the small one with a little larger one.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Ridin on the darkside
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

For me, I got 2 t shirts of my choice,jiffystand pad,some sample leather care product,2 towels that were shaped like a huge pill and of course got to ring the bell!

Old 01-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Splandman
Tourer

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
I didn't get anything but a shirt, didn't ask or expect anything either....but builders run promotions all the time around here giving things away when you buy a house.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:50 PM
daltrey
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a free used seat off another bike because I told them I wasn't leaving on that new hard brick seat that was on it.

Quick Reply: Who got what