General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who got what

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 03:51 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

T shirt and free one year HOG membership, local and national.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

$500 gift card.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:57 PM
dylder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a couple t's and a helmet. But it was a used sportster so I didn't expect them to shower me with gifts.

I prefer a price break anytime over dealership bling. I always fight to negotiate the dealer documentation fee or whatever their calling it. I find out the documentation fee and whatever their final offer is I deduct that price and thats my best offer. I've walked out before and had them chase me in the parking lot to accept. Missed a few deals before too.

An oil change or 2 is nice though.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

An oil change or 2 is nice though.
Get that in writing. LOL

I have seen more than once where they suddenly "forgot" that they offered such a thing. Once to me and once to a buddy.
Free 1000 mile service, until you show up for the service. "Huh? What?" "We never said that."

Old 01-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a receipt that said "Paid in Full." That was way better than chrome. (o:

Old 01-16-2011, 05:37 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never bought a new Harley. But when I bought mine used the guy I bought it from gave me a jacket and a carbon fiber Harley fxrg ff helmet that he said the dealer gave him when he purchased it. And that was just with a Nightster. Surprises me that they don't give some you a couple of things with your $20,000 bikes. As for not getting anything free with cars or houses. Car deralers throw in free stuff all the time with purchases. when I got my new Truck they gave me a gift certificate to the place in town that does the Line-x in bed liners. When we looked at our house I told the guy I was hesitant because it didin't have a carport. He told me that if we would buy the house he would build us a carport. Which he did even after coming down on the sale price.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:43 PM
HeadBeagle
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a $500 gift card, 15% of any purchases at that time and $20 gift card from doing a poker run through the various departments. The friend who was with me got a $100 gift card for referring me there.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:43 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

They were running a promotion $2k for touring bikes and $1k with the other bikes for parts and apparel. Since they knocked the price down with me for the paint job and some other things that were already done on my bike I didn't get the 1k. But I did get a free shirt. I didn't ask for it, my salesman offered it.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:45 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it kinda funny when i bought my bike i wasen`t planning on riding it home figured they would want my check to clear, so diden`t have a helmet (law) or gloves they wanted me to take bike right than and there i guess they were affraid i would change my mind, they offered to give me a loaner helmet and some old cheap *** gloves i said no i woulden`t wear a friggin used helmet, and i would come in the morning they told me to pick a helmet off the rack and a new pair of gloves 399 for both (free)

Old 01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

I got a t-shirt that was 2 sizes too big.

Quick Reply: Who got what