General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally bit the bullet...Gerbing heated gear inbound

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:37 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Can the HD and Gerbings heated gear be combined? That is do they have the same connections such as HD gloves connected to a Gerbings jacket liner. Interchangeable controllers?

Old 01-12-2011, 07:43 PM
okieblue62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

My understanding is Hd's gear is made by Gerbing and that all connectors and controllers are compatable

Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by okieblue62
My understanding is Hd's gear is made by Gerbing and that all connectors and controllers are compatable
That is correct, and you will find that most manufacturers use the same compatable connectors, and advertise as such.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:16 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks. That's good to know.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:08 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

Dang it, NOW you guys tell me about all the discounts and deals LOL. Oh well guess its my own fault for buying before posting this. If they work as good as advertised I probably would have paid twice as much for them and been happy. Just tired of being cold !!
At full pop retail.... heated gear is one purchase that you know imediately how well you spent your money.
There are dozens of threads regarding heated gear... each has (roughly) the same statements, and links

+1 on Gran Prix Motorsports (Littleton CO) now trading as Rocky Mountain ATV. The first place I heard of that discounted Gerbings. I bought my jacket liner through them
http://www.grandprixmotorsports.com/default.asp

Check out the Gerbings outlet http://heatedclothingoutlet.com/index.shtml before future purchases. BUT... if they have the size you want, don't delay...

Old 01-13-2011, 07:20 AM
Hooker 6
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mama got me Gerbings G5 gloves and liner for Christmas with a dual controller. This increases my driving temperture range down to mid 20's (with no ice on the ground, like we have now) Well worth it , great quality. Much better investment that $500 in bling. IMHO

Old 01-13-2011, 06:40 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

"Check out the Gerbings outlet http://heatedclothingoutlet.com/index.shtml before future purchases. BUT... if they have the size you want, don't delay..."

Plus one on that. Between that site and ebay we got all our heated gear (old style) for less than half price.

I particularly like the Union Ridge pants (no longer made). Unlike the liner, it goes on over your jeans, not underneath. It's been replaced with another one called

http://gerbing.com/Products/Outerwea...t%20pants.html

I paid $99 for my Union Ridge.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:24 PM
slick10
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the heated eXtreme Element Pants for the OL and she will get to test them out this weekend during our annual drown your *** ride around the Olympic Peninsula. We have had Gerbing heated gear for a number of years and we ride year round. The only time we don't ride is in the snow. Great stuff!

Last edited by slick10; 01-14-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:41 PM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,612 Likes on 3,880 Posts

... If they work as good as advertised I probably would have paid twice as much for them and been happy......
Yeah, you will be.

I just went through a spell where my gloves weren't working (I had a bad switch), and I'M MUCH happier now that I have heat again.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:30 PM
okieblue62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Broke in the new Gerbing heated gear today.

Weather is a little brisk here in Oklahoma today, 28 degree's with a 10 mph north wind. I figure that ought to be around 15 degree's with the wind chill. Add a 70 mph vehicle speed and I spell that C.O.L.D. !!

Finally got off my butt and wired the pigtail up to the battery so I can power the heated jacket liner and T5 gloves I bought a couple weeks ago. I went with the dual temp. control as well. After struggling to figure out how to plug everything thing in and get tethered to the bike I fired the bike up and let it warm up a minute. With both ***** set on high I could already feel the gear starting to heat up pretty good.

Even at 70 mph the gear kept my torso and hands toasty warm. I especially liked the heated neck area of the jacket liner. Rode about 100 miles in all and couldn't be happier with how the gear performed. For anybody riding the fence about purchasing heated gear, all I can say Is DO IT !! Best purchase I ever made.

Momma wants her gear now, here we go again.

Quick Reply: Finally bit the bullet...Gerbing heated gear inbound