General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You guys think this is a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:16 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default You guys think this is a good deal?

First off before you guys panic when seeing the pricing, this is Canadian MSRP, we arent allowed to buy new Harleys in the states. (thanks Deeley).

The wife and I are both planning on getting bikes, her a Fat Boy Lo and myself a Crossbones.

We have been into the dealership here a few times, they know we are serious. Right now we are looking at:

2011s: Taxes in for the Lo is $21000 and for the XBones $22000 OR

2010s: same pricing, BUT we each would get $2500 in anything we want, accessories, exhaust, jackets, whatever. My wife would end up spending $1000 on a paint job of that because she REALLY has her heart set on a White Lo. I am ok with a denim black Xbones, but if I went 2011 I would go with the orange.

The pricing is about $200 or $300 above MSRP, which isnt bad as they are dropping the security, and other fees, which is close to $1000 or so.

As far as I can tell there really is no difference between the two model years except minor cosmetic on the gauge and the Xbones lost the ***** G decal.

From what I can tell it is tough to get them to move on MSRP......let me know if I am getting raked over the coals. Remember, I am not allowed to buy in the states and even if I had a US guy to help me out, we wouldnt have a warranty (until it got checks out or something by a Canadian dealer) and would have to pay cash. Also there is some messing around and fees at the border.

Thanks...

Old 01-10-2011, 07:23 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master

BTT

Anyone? Or is this in the wrong spot to be asking?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:38 PM
teflon
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i for one think u can get a better deal, if you gotta have new (there's tons of awesome used bikes in the USA) buying 2 bikes should get you below MSRP they should also be able to do a search to find the white one for your wife across Canada (yes they will ship coast to coast for a decent deal) They should also be willing to dump some freebies in your lap as well. Where r u located? Teflon

Old 01-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member

It is a buyers market right now. It wouldn't hurt to visit other dealers in your area and compare the deals and maybe get a better deal or use it to lower the price more if you want a new bike. Check out the used prices as well.
Down here we still pay 10k more than you do even now when the US dollar value is the same as ours. That was always the excuse in the past - sucks.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:38 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master

We are in Kingston On. This really is the first dealership we have gone to. We will starting farming out quotes. Thanks for the replies guys.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 PM
hatchetman
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Get in touch with the Harley dealer in between Pembroke & Petawawa on Hwy #17. Tell them that a Canadian warrior told you to call them & that you would be taken care of. Let me know what they quote you please!
hatch.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:56 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master

Originally Posted by hatchetman
Get in touch with the Harley dealer in between Pembroke & Petawawa on Hwy #17. Tell them that a Canadian warrior told you to call them & that you would be taken care of. Let me know what they quote you please!
hatch.
Actually I am also a soldier. Just got back from 10 months there 17 Dec.
I was posted to Pet a few years ago and always heard he was way over priced. I will give them a call though. Thanks for the tip.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

If you're buying two bikes and the price is above MSRP, I'd walk away. The extras and incentives in the offer don't change the fact that the dealer is price-gouging. Only way to know if you're getting a good deal is to shop other dealers.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master

Originally Posted by Geoff
If you're buying two bikes and the price is above MSRP, I'd walk away. The extras and incentives in the offer don't change the fact that the dealer is price-gouging. Only way to know if you're getting a good deal is to shop other dealers.
See this is why I ask on here. I would have figured $5000 on free extras would have been a good deal on a couple of bikes about $300 over Msrp.

What kind if deals BELOW msrp are guys seeing?

Old 01-11-2011, 09:56 AM
teflon
Road Captain

Down here in Windsor they cut a grand or 1500 off new bikes just recently due to the dollar and our proximity to the border. I'd shop man lots of dealers would love to have a 2 fer deal goin on. Don't get me wrong the freebies are nice too, have you seen the price of add-ons? Get any parts AND installation included in the price. Ralph

Quick Reply: You guys think this is a good deal?