General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You guys think this is a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by teflon
Down here in Windsor they cut a grand or 1500 off new bikes just recently due to the dollar and our proximity to the border. I'd shop man lots of dealers would love to have a 2 fer deal goin on. Don't get me wrong the freebies are nice too, have you seen the price of add-ons? Get any parts AND installation included in the price. Ralph
I wish they would cut prices here in Kingston. I am only 40 min from a NY dealer but Canadians aren't allowed to buy new in the US so they won't bother as they have us by the short and curlies.

Honestly for extras for the Crossbones, I want a new exhaust and a Shadetree fender. The $2500 would come close to doing that with paint. For her Lo she just wants bags and a windshield.

I will continue looking around.

Thanks guys.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM
sonoffatboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
We are in Kingston On. This really is the first dealership we have gone to. We will starting farming out quotes. Thanks for the replies guys.
toronto ain't that far...there are 4 stores to choose from...my long time friend is the sales mgr at Toronto Harley ..PM me and i will give you his info..for two bikes he'd cut you deal...and they have the most stock of any one in canada....
if he does make you a deal.. you owe me a beer when i go thru kingston next time...and by the way save some money and skip security...you DON"T have to buy it ..dealers love jam it on every bike...

Old 01-11-2011, 10:42 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master

Originally Posted by sonoffatboy
toronto ain't that far...there are 4 stores to choose from...my long time friend is the sales mgr at Toronto Harley ..PM me and i will give you his info..for two bikes he'd cut you deal...and they have the most stock of any one in canada....
if he does make you a deal.. you owe me a beer when i go thru kingston next time...and by the way save some money and skip security...you DON"T have to buy it ..dealers love jam it on every bike...
PM sent...

I thought "security" was the key fob stuff?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:39 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say 1500 off each bike and a 1000 in freebies and that is high, but a two fer is a great deal for the dealer esp, in jan

Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just move to this side of the border and get screwed like the rest of us. Besides, in a few years our health care will suck as bad as yours, win-win!

Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 PM
teflon
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume u have no interest in used? So it will pay to shop, don't feel obligated to a dealer you can get service anywhere. At this time of year up here dealers will fight for business. personally i would tell your own guy this is how much i will pay and a dealer down the road will do it for me how about you. He probably noticed how eager you both were and figured he had you, shop bro shop. Teflon

Old 01-14-2011, 02:26 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master

Well after checking with 3 different dealers it still looks like the local one here offering either a 2010 with $2500 in extras for free and about $300 above MSRP or a 2011 for $300 above MSRP is still the best deal.

One dealer about 300km away went to $150 above MSRP.....

I would like to know how these guys are getting them for thousands under MSRP......

The only thing I have seen is a 09 brand new Crossbones for about $1800 MSRP all said and done.....