Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Hands? My $27 solution worked...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:53 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

all that stuff may be good,i cant say either way since i have never used any of it but to me it looks like a fk up waitin to happen.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:08 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

had a set of (scooter mittens) type hand protecters in the late 50's on my uncles knuckle that I learned to ride on. look strange but shure are warm. think ill get a set. wont be any uglier than some of the crap I see on bikes these days.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:03 AM
Vins
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a pair of lined leather gauntlet gloves from HD I've been wearing for 16 years. A pretty penny, but they feel good and keep the hands warm. Ride in any temps as long as there is no ice on the road. No cold hands.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Turbo ray 44
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default stay warm

A couple sizes available and all work great. Rolled out of Alturas, ca. this time a couple years ago and the temp was 14 degrees. Loaded warm packs in helmet, Gauntlet Gloves, front and back of hands, all pockets, including shirt pockets or pinned to t shirt, keeps the chest warm, warmers in between layers of socks, both sides of the ankles. A newspaper in between chest layers will save your ***. Might need newspaper to wrap lower legs also, under your riding gear.
By the time I hit Redding the layers and heat packs started to disappear after a toasty ride from a frozen area.

Originally Posted by toastman
this!

works so well because you're actually heating the blood supply for your hands, so your fingertips stay warm

Old 01-11-2011, 06:02 AM
chappy99
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they do work well,we use them on our atv's all winter.
mine came from canadian tire.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:30 AM
SportsterPapa
Cruiser

Indeed they work very well, you add no "Bulk" to your regular gloves... For me putting them on the bike when it's cold is a No-Brainer; but I understand the folks that don't like the look & would never use them... I don't care much for the cold, the discomfort far outweighs the "Look" IMO

Old 01-11-2011, 07:49 AM
ardakota
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

This is my second year with the hippo hands!! I really dont care about looks when its 30 degrees and your bundled up looking twice the size as you really are. I ride regularly in 30 degree temps on the interstate with just a pair of 99 cent brown jersey gloves and my hands stay nice and warm I wouldnt even need gloves if it werent for the coldness of the metal levers and such. I would recommend Hippo Hands to anyone.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:20 AM
jbyun
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Turbo ray 44
A couple sizes available and all work great. Rolled out of Alturas, ca. this time a couple years ago and the temp was 14 degrees. Loaded warm packs in helmet, Gauntlet Gloves, front and back of hands, all pockets, including shirt pockets or pinned to t shirt, keeps the chest warm, warmers in between layers of socks, both sides of the ankles. A newspaper in between chest layers will save your ***. Might need newspaper to wrap lower legs also, under your riding gear.
By the time I hit Redding the layers and heat packs started to disappear after a toasty ride from a frozen area.
Did you look like this?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Headcockedsideways
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suppose you are referring to these?
http://www.amazon.com/Classic-MotoGe...4767074&sr=8-2

Pretty fugly but look like they would do the job.

Jeff

Old 01-11-2011, 11:41 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it's 20's or 30's and I'm going to be riding for anyhing more then half an hour, I use heated gloves. Can ride all day with warm hands.

Quick Reply: Cold Hands? My $27 solution worked...