General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 07:15 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 274 Posts

Hockey aside, it seems like it's gonna be a pay only event ("includes acces to vendors...etc") No such thing as a "First Annual" either.....but I might just check the area out 'cause it's so close and there is a lot of great riding in B.C. Some Americans might be uncomfortable without their handguns, though...not allowed in Canada...

Old 01-09-2011, 07:36 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
More jumping on the band wagon is all I'm seeing .
Agreed.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 PM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm on the fence. I thinks it's okay to promote it as a Salmon Arm Music Festival, but I'm not digging the relation to Sturgis. Like comparing apples to oranges.
I might ride up just to see whats happening, but I'd rather spend my very limited budget somewhere else. I like coming south now that we have our passports. We had a blast in Winthrop last summer. Maybe the Oregon coast this year.

Yes, Doug Bennett of Doug and the Slugs did pass away back in 04. The band reformed, just called The Slugs. I guess the promoters needed to use the old name so us old folks would make the connection.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
shiftharder
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by murd
Came across this the other day, a few friends want to go, but I'm not hip to the concept that this is "Sturgis" anything. How can they call this Sturgis North? Would there not be a copyright on the name?
Do a Google search on Montreal or Portland and see how many cities come up - I think an above post where you can`t copyright a place name is correct.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master

I thought it was just a Sturgis for all those Canadians who had impaired driving charges and couldn't go to the real one...

Old 01-10-2011, 12:46 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Came across this the other day, a few friends want to go, but I'm not hip to the concept that this is "Sturgis" anything. How can they call this Sturgis North? Would there not be a copyright on the name?

I'm all for a good ride and summer weekend, but you'd think they could get at least one modern act in the mix.

Whatcha think?

http://www.sturgisnorth.com/
They don't usually have a copyright on city names. For example, we have a rally in Sturgis, KY called "Little Surgis."

Old 01-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Can, Ray
Stage IV
Default Sturgis North

The folks from Sturgis ralley comitty have come to Salmon Arm and have stamped their OK on the Rallie. I live in Salmon Arm and thier is only 1 Sturgis Rallie and that is in SD not BC. There is a big rallie in Merrtt BC the same weekend "The Big Canadian Rallie" Thats were I will be.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have heard of the 'Too Broke for Sturgis Rally". Here in Arizona.

Ooops, probably shouldn't let those people on the Sturgis SD city council get wind of it!

Old 01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm all for a good ride and summer weekend, but you'd think they could get at least one modern act in the mix.

Whatcha think?

http://www.sturgisnorth.com/
Who needs "Modern" when you have Kick Axe?

They were the lamest "hair band" there was even back when hair bands were cool.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:38 PM
sonoffatboy
Tourer

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
Well I have never been to a bike rally in Canada. It would be an interesting mix of black leather and extreme politeness.
hahahaha...yu hit it right on the money...

Quick Reply: Is this possible?