General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shout Out to Round Rock HD in TX

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:53 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Shout Out to Round Rock HD in TX

Just wanted to give a shout out to Central Texas Harley in Round Rock, TX. I'm out here for work and had to get my area T-shirt and shot glass and the staff at this dealer was great. Went there with a couple co-workers and spoke to several sales guys just BS'ing. Spent about an hour talking with them. They knew I had a bike through my co-workers and the sales guys still spoke to my counterparts as brothers while I was wondering in the store. One co-worker is interested in getting his first HD and even though they knew we weren't from the area and definitely not purchasing a bike they still answered all their questions. Very respectful and I plan on hitting up some of their events when I'm out here for work.

Also the parts guys went out of their way to find me their dealer dots or what ever they call them. The little round sticker medallion thing with their dealer mark on them.

Good stuff!!

Last edited by JaronB; 01-09-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:19 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good for you glad you are a happy camper

Old 01-09-2011, 02:10 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

hog alley/ironhorse is just down the road in georgetown.they also have a restarant/bar next door (hardtails) i usually dont feel one way or another about cafes as they all taste about the same but this place is freakin good in my opinion....only ate the i beleive the ironhead burger(twice) but i swear it was like a gourmet hamburger.----glad you got treated right at the hd dealership.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:33 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

I'll check it out next weekend. Thanks!!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:45 AM
reissman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That place was great to me one time in 08'. I was on vacation visiting my grandpa and I stopped by their to look at some bikes. They just got a new 09' Fat bob in and the salesman was so cool to me. I told him I was in town from MI and just looking and he still spent about 20 min with me. Told me to sit on the bike and he stood over the front tire so I could put my feet up. Then he let me start it up.. I was sold. I ended up buying a Fat Bob when I was overseas. I wish I kept his card. 40 something Hispanic guy with tats really friendly..

Old 01-09-2011, 10:00 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Same deal with my buddies. I'd have to say that this is only the second dealership I've ever been too that has been this cool.

Last edited by JaronB; 01-09-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:09 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Dealers like that are great, they can even make a sale on a bike if they treat outa towners with respect and sincerity and the guy/couple is on the edge. I've seen it before

Old 01-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Been there a couple times myself.....cool dealership

Prepare for the onslaught of "poser posts" since you said you bought a T-Shirt there *shrug*

Old 01-09-2011, 11:09 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm not worried about poser post. More then likely 90% of the people that will post it are more then likely posers themselves. If I could fit my bike in my suit case when I travel for work I would, but I'm sure it would be beyond my weight limit. If they are local they can lend their bike to me and I'll get it out of the garage for them and put some miles on it ....lol!!

Last edited by JaronB; 01-09-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I do not know what type of training they give at HD for thier dealership owners, but I have been in lots of dealerships all over the world and most of them have been nice, and several exceptional. I used to ride metrics and when I would stop into a Honda/Kawasaki/Yamaha/Suzuki dealership I often knew more about the bikes than the sales people and they just as a general rule were not as personable as the average person at a HD dealership.

Quick Reply: Shout Out to Round Rock HD in TX