Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer Front end Handling?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 09:04 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,240 Likes on 4,779 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
Every 2,500 seems like alot to be screwing with.. dont know if i want to deal with that kind of service schedual.
Then I would suggest not buying one. I hear goldwings are pretty maint free.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

'94 springer FXSTS skinny tire, was a bit different going from a wide glide. Once I got used to it it handles great, rides like it's on rails thru the twisties. Nothing screams Harley like a springer.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:11 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I met a couple of other guys last summer who shared my opinion on springers too.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:27 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
Then I would suggest not buying one. I hear goldwings are pretty maint free.
My 86 Aspencade required the most maintenance of any bike I've owned

Old 01-05-2011, 09:36 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member

I have to agree. I just talk em up cause I have one and don't want everyone to know what a dumbass I was for buying it. Only reason I still have it is that no one will buy it from me cause they all know what a piece of crap it is. I think they should stop making them and destroy all the ones they haven't sold yet.

OK! I got $20 and my tools are packed, I'll be over for supper so we can rectify that situation. Heavens knows we don't want "Anybody" making fun of you.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:57 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SteveO-ll
OK! I got $20 and my tools are packed, I'll be over for supper so we can rectify that situation. Heavens knows we don't want "Anybody" making fun of you.
That's OK. I don't know you but have grown to like you so I can't take advantage of you buy allowing it to ruin your life. Besides....If they are making fun of me that gives someone else a break. That's why I'm buying one of those "Brando" hats in that other thread.

But I do appreciate your offer.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:16 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member

That's OK. I don't know you but have grown to like you so I can't take advantage of you buy allowing it to ruin your life. Besides....If they are making fun of me that gives someone else a break. That's why I'm buying one of those "Brando" hats in that other thread.

But I do appreciate your offer.

Side Note: I must confess I like those old style hats also............If it wasn't against the law I would be wearing my old maroon barrett and goggles while riding.
Somewhere in my younger days I remember my grandpa wearing an old pilots hat while riding a bike on a dirt road.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

Didnt mean to complain about the maintenence just was woundering cause i heard different opinions about the springer! And just for the record i would never ride a honda goldwing or any honda for that matter. 100% usa for me that includes the car and truck i drive too. Ive owned 3 harley and none of them had a springer so im not familiar with that system.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:57 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Zakk13
Didnt mean to complain about the maintenence just was woundering cause i heard different opinions about the springer! And just for the record i would never ride a honda goldwing or any honda for that matter. 100% usa for me that includes the car and truck i drive too. Ive owned 3 harley and none of them had a springer so im not familiar with that system.
Understood....Was just being my usual smart *** self. Happens allot here. All in fun. I would never suggest anyone get rid of their Harley for a wing or anything else.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member

Understood....Was just being my usual smart *** self. Happens allot here. All in fun. I would never suggest anyone get rid of their Harley for a wing or anything else.

Well, except for that one time........

Quick Reply: Springer Front end Handling?