General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sturgis campgrounds??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 06:07 PM
softone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
I have stayed at the Elkview campgrounds off I-90 just about 6 miles before Sturgis. It is a quiet place with lots of room and good amenities.

It started out a number of years ago at $15/nite/person and is up to $22/nite/person. I always have stayed three days so I never checked what a full week would be.

This is an 2010 picture of my son's and my tents showing how much room is available for tents.

Stayed there too. Prices have gone up, but showers/bath were great. Food always available+beer+music+social etc. Not much shade tho. Hard to say if I'd stay again - would like to find a lower price. But the best part was that about 200ish National Deaf Riders (or similiar name) were staying there so it was REALLY QUIET!!! but the highway is so close it made up the difference.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:32 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,663 Likes on 1,509 Posts
Default location, location, location.

It can be tough to find shade at HogHeaven unless you get there early. If you've stayed there maybe you've seen our sign. Lots of friendly, considerate folks there. C'mon over and introduce yourselves. Like our other sign says: "Free Beer Tomorrow"

Attached Thumbnails Sturgis campgrounds??-retouched.jpg  
Old 01-10-2011, 01:23 AM
mpilkenton
Novice

Originally Posted by zeus33
+1 I stayed there last year. Quiet, good facilities, good meals. Shade. Walk to the bar.
sounds like my kinda place

Old 01-14-2011, 09:26 AM
sportsterleroy
Cruiser

Guess I will look for the sign when were there this year. Will have 5 Roadglides and a dresser in our gang.

Leroy

Old 06-28-2012, 03:30 PM
CobaltCVO11
6th Gear

I have a Premium Sturgis 2012 Glencoe Campground site- number H12- 25x75 w/h2o/30amp elect and 3 wrist bands for entire run (15 days). Must sell my mom has taken very, very ill and is permanently hospitalized. 900.00 (Site-450, 3 wrist bands 150 each)-prices have since gone up. incl fog hat, blue oyster cult, fuel, shooter jennings. Wrist bands have already gone up 25.00$ each from 150- 175 on website now. I just want to get what I paid back. Glencoe is located across street from full throttle saloon and 10 minutes from downtown sturgis. The site is near but not to close to showers, etc. It is a premium spot I reserved early on. Upon payment I will transfer all names etc. The Glencoe owner is aware of and approved my resale. Site location visible on camp map at Glencoecamp.com
larry

Old 06-30-2012, 03:37 PM
nibroc
Road Warrior
Received 222 Likes on 164 Posts

this thread is a yr. and 1/2 old
rushnomore campground is a decent place to stay

Old 06-30-2012, 06:33 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

we stayed here last year and really liked it, would totally stay there again, it meets most of your criteria...
http://www.katmanducampground.com/

Old 07-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Lee_USA
Stage III

Sorry to say we used to stay at Eagles Landing...no more. Great location and close to I-90 but the facilities sucked. Worst were the showers. One year we even fired the band.
If you're into partying, no sleep, and ***** hanging out, the CHIP is the place. Negatives....the dust and then mud when it rains.
My vote goes to HOG HEAVEN. Have stayed there (tenting) 3 years running. Spotless bathrooms with plenty of hot water, good food, good bands, shuttle and easy access to the freeway. Prefer the "tent only" area with its afternoon shade. No problem sleeping. See you there...look for the Sedona Orange Street Glide with the Washington plates.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:59 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 1,123 Posts

I've been tenting at the CHIP for a number of years and like it. I'll take advantage of early ticket sales (extended rally ticket for 2012 was $195, now it's $325) so from the standpoint of the bands and entertainment, it's a no brainer for me.
Yes, there isn't much (or any) shade, but I try to get out early and don't come back to the campground till evening, so that isn't an issue for me. The showers/bathrooms didn't seem too bad... and it's definitely much improved over past years. It is a party atmosphere and I just like coming back to the campground after being out and about all day and pretty much having what I need (food, beer, women) available and convenient. The one possible disadvantage for me is that in all my trips to Sturgis, I haven't really sampled any other Sturgis bars in the evening, so I have nothing to compare to.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:31 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

No need to preregister for tent space at Elkview. But if you do, it is $19/night/person instead of $22. So I signed up for 4 nights. Saved $12 for all you can eat Indian tacos at Crazy Horse!

Quick Reply: Sturgis campgrounds??