General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 guys with the rattle are not going to be happy

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 07 guys with the rattle are not going to be happy

ORIGINAL: ScorpionForce

Hi Docproof. I hear you about the dealers. I have a lot of dealers livin in my trailer park and they are the ones that ar suually makin all the noise. The tranny is pretty quiet thouhg and mostly keeps to itslef.

Good luck with evry thing and God bless you. I will be prayi9ng for your trannny.
Ok bye.

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 10-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Beagle1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: drod

Seems to be '07 Touring bikes.
ORIGINAL: Beagle1

Excuse my ignorance, but is this an 07 issue only? Or a certian model?

My 06 DWG 6spd is smooth and quiet. Trust me, I worked in NVH for years, and did some benchmarking work on HDs for the "other" US bike builder, and mine is very quiet. If you think your HD is loud...try the "other" brand. UGH!
Okay, my next question. Does anyone know if there are gear raito or final drive ratio differences between the Touring Bikes and my Dyna?

I am wondering if it isn't a hunting vs non-hunting gear issue. By that I mean is it possible the the same two teeth contact each other every revolution?

Next day I ride I am going to see if I can induce the noise on my Dyna, as I see on another thread on the issue that someone with an 06 DWG is having a problem too.

One thing I will say in agreement with others, is that sometimes finding a good gear to be in at certain speeds is a b****! Around 45mph I find my self either over-revving for what I consider cruising or lugging the bike down, no happy medium. That is annoying. Having a tach installed really makes it obvious. My MPG isn't what I thought it would be either. But if course I am still getting used to it and heavy on the happy grip a lot.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:14 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,232 Likes on 1,846 Posts

ORIGINAL: ScorpionForce

ORIGINAL: DoCPooF

Just got back from my dealer and every time I stop by I inquire about the whole 07 tranny noise.

Anyway, the sales manager showed me the letter they just recieved from Headquarters.

Hi Docproof. I hear you about the dealers. I have a lot of dealers livin in my trailer park and they are the ones that ar suually makin all the noise. The tranny is pretty quiet thouhg and mostly keeps to itslef.

Good luck with evry thing and God bless you. I will be prayi9ng for your trannny.
Ok bye.

Crack pipes are pretty noisy, aren't they?