General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Like or Dislike ABS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Turbo Flux
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beakerztoyz
Turbo flux, glad to hear you like the new abs brakes and wont ride without them, which brings up my question can I borrow the blue shovel in your sig pic, for like a year or 10???????????? I'll even ride it nicely thanks pal hahahahahahahahaha
Slight correction, I may still motor around the hood on the Shovelhead until it is sold, and I won't go touring without ABS! As to your question of the loan, the Shovel doesn't like to be ridin' nicely. So sorry.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:00 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harleyflhrs
okay folks. first of all when panic sets in ,riders have common misstake to use rear brake first. how do i know that just go to where there was bike accident look on pavement. always a long or short curving skid mark. thats the tail tell signs. most riders can ride fast but do they ever learn how to train ones yurself to stop quicky. NO. front brake is the main stopping power. so don't wait for accident, be brave ride yur bike 70 mph and hammer on yur front brake. if u can learn to control that with slight rear brake presser u will stop very quicky. that's if time dosen't kill u to hit something. personally abs is just faults illusion. rain, gravel, sand, speed, deers, trucks, cars abs isn't going to help. i have road king no abs brakes, i can stop my bike very quicky at 70 mph. just remember once that front wheel loses traction yur done. abs or not.
Incorrect. This is exactly what ABS is designed for; maintaining control. The naysayers don't like it because they don't understand it and/or don't know how to use it. The advantages of ABS far outweigh any disadvantages.