Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you out run the cops?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 12:06 PM
surv1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How do you out run the cops?

I don't know about the other states, but here in MS, it's a felony to flee LEO in pursuit. They WILL catch you.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:13 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, make sure it's near the end of the shift. IF they catch you, they have to work late to arrest you and impound the vehicle. Changes their motivation.

Cops have a sixth sense for donuts. As you zoom by another car, stick a donut on their trunk lid. An upside down maple frosted from Dunkin Donuts will stick for a long time. The patrolman will follow the scent of the donut instead of you.

Finally, be sure and ride through a high crime area. They'll get distracted and find somebody slower to beat up on.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:29 PM
eddybo69
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That must be a fairly new law. I have seen lots of people trying to flee get felony arrests usually for aggrevated assault on an officer. I would never even contemplate running from the police...it is too dangerous....not to mention the beat down your gonna get when they do catch ya. But the question is how do you do it....you get a 1981 nissan pickup truck with low profile 50s that are so wide they scrub everytime you hit a bump....you will learn that you can make a 90% turn at 50mph w/o sliding at all. So all you have to do is keep making turns and never decrease your speed....worked for my drunken buddy while I was on the pasenger floorboard cussing him and begging him to stop. Worked out well they came and got him the next day. He totaled that little truck doing the same thing about 3 weeks later when a ball joint broke from all the stress of making one of those high speed turns.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:37 PM
thumper 29
Outstanding HDF Member

One would have to be either lucky, stupid or a world class GP rider to outrun cops.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:42 PM
jhnmflr
Outstanding HDF Member

purely stupid to try and out run . I can't tell you how many time that I have been let off with a warning or a lessor violation for just co operating . be cool and if you do break the law take it like a man and deal with the end results .

Old 09-29-2006, 12:45 PM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gee, there are a lot of things that are against the law.... there's little if any deterence in noting that "it's a felony if you do that"... Afterall, if I've just shot and killed a bunch of people after robbing a bank/liquor store/donut shop, I truly doubt I'm going to sit and wait for the sheriff because it's a felony to flee... oh oh, that means the feds will be chasing me too??? Oh darn.

ORIGINAL: surv1

I don't know about the other states, but here in MS, it's a felony to flee LEO in pursuit. They WILL catch you.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:49 PM
stubby
Road Captain

John, absolutely right.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:50 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It can be done, buts its a dumb idea...

Old 09-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How about getting some of the road spikes and keep them in your saddle bags. Pull them out and the car chasing you goes on flat. He will only be able to radio and say he was last seen heading......Make a few turns pull over at a local watering hole and hope they can't tell your bike from the others.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:54 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh, just pull into a donut shop and park. They'll pull in behind you, jump out of their car all in a tither then instead of asking for your licence and registration, they'll ask "Who's buy'in?"

Quick Reply: How do you out run the cops?