General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Divine Manifestation

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Before you get that Harley, you need to grow a set of nads.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:32 AM
CoyoteMoss
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck - hope you can convince her....

Old 12-28-2010, 10:32 AM
dortiz
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Told my wife I wanted a Harley and she said no. Took The MSF course and bought a bike and brought home. She said what?? You need a license. I said I have one and the bike, you wanna ride and she said yes. End of story.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:43 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
if you are a young guy, try cutting her off for a week or so. she will come around. lol

You may get cut off for a while, but it's worth it in the long run.

Just make sure you can fit the payment in if that neccesarry. I did it and it made paying the bills harder and we ain't saving for retirement, but it was worth it.

Of course she may be all for it, but many guys have had to just go out and buy it like I did. When she finds it in the garage, she will either love it or put you in the dog house for a few months.

Either way you do it ... it will be worth it!

Old 12-28-2010, 11:36 AM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No convincing when i dove in, she knew it was going to happen when she asked where I had been all Saturday afternoon, then called me the following Tuesday and asked where I was when the truck was in the driveway.

I said let me call you back in 5, Im signing papers on my new Harley..
That was 6 years ago, and she was with me in March when they wheeled out the Limited from the shop, fresh out of the crate

Old 12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Renting Harleys for a year = one helluva down payment on a Harley that you will OWN....

just saying.....

Shakey

Old 12-28-2010, 12:35 PM
SMF
Banned

I bought mine, brought it home vieja decided to say i couldnt afford it so i got rid of her. Keeping the bike was the best choice hahaha

Old 12-28-2010, 02:48 PM
ki4top
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

fortunately, i have no financial concerns...and yes, i have *****...so not necessary to grab them and run out and buy a harley. wouldn't trade my wife for some hot chick, cause she is the hot chick and she will ride with me.

so let's go back to the original concept here: I need a harley.

i'll get it, not worried about that, the only convincing i have to do is related to timing. I need it now...and that is probably where I have to do the most convincing.

anyways, thank you all for your replys, some helpful, most not (but hey, isn't that what online forums are for? useless rhetoric?)

Old 12-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Elgin47
Cruiser

If your position is that you not only need it but you need it now - then I'd use the ol' wintertime lowest-price-of-the-year approach. First because it's obviously wintertime so you're good there; and secondly because the low price thing is mostly true as well - so you're being honest and making your case at the same time. And getting your bike. With the caveat that wintertime where you are and wintertime where we are is significantly different. But it's not spring or fall, anyway.

Of course that doesn't always work, and the danger is that you take it to the next level where she gives you a definitive "NO" as opposed to the soft "no" which can be conveniently interpreted to mean "yes". Going against the soft "no" gets you into trouble, but nothing she won't get over after you've done some appropriate minor penance. She likely expected you to do it anyway, depending on your relationship.

Don't back her into a corner and you're probably good to go.

Last edited by Elgin47; 12-28-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:11 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Dude, you should have just said that you didn't need convincing ... now go get yourself a Road King ... You won't regret it ...

Quick Reply: A Divine Manifestation