General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bright Ass Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:17 PM
BIG WILLIE
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up BAL's Work......

Dudes, Dudettes, Scooter Trash etc..............These lights definately make a difference.....I am prone to watching my **** end pretty closely, as I have seen several rear ended and several near misses....When I get on the brakes or just bump em. the cagers definately back off. Two things lead me to spend the 230 some odd dollars, First- Momma followed me through town one evening and made the comment of how well I blended into the vehicle infront of me. Second - Got caught in a rain storm (yes the **** got wet) but the only really visable bike in front of me was the one with the BAL .........Nuff said. SPEND THE MONEY. Momma said now when following me up close that you cannot look directly into the light and at a distance the whole back end lights up like a big RED ball. My 07 Ultra has the trunk lights, led bar and BAL. Another thing the installation is a breeze and you can program the Run portion to 3 different levels, then you can program the brake into about a dozen different modes......Ride Safe

Old 03-28-2011, 05:43 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It just kills me how every time a BAL thread comes on here all you hear is "Holy crap!!!! They sure are proud of those!!! I can't believe what they get for them" But, the same guys will be on another thread talking about their SERT they just installed or their V&H pipes or custom handmade gold inlay instrument bezels, or,, well you get the idea. But, OMG!!!!!!, those Bright *** Lights are EX-PEN-SIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I love mine and most cars stop at least a car length back and sometimes more.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:57 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone catch any grief for the local police when running these lights? Any bad experiences?

Michael

Old 03-28-2011, 06:39 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by bp_shooter123
Anyone catch any grief for the local police when running these lights? Any bad experiences?

Michael

NO! There are very many different modes to set these lights to (something like 28) and there are only a few "parade mode" which are not normally street legal. These lights are TERRIFIC! I love my BAL3-ST laydown smoked ones!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:27 PM
BigD629
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine for a couple of weeks, and I've noticed that most cars stay farther back. One guy stopped me, and said he noticed it three blocks back and wanted to know what it was and where to get it. Well worth the money!