General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

East Coast SUCKS for Riding!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 01:09 PM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well can't compare everything in Delaware to the whole east coast. Would be like saying Cali is how everything is on the whole west coast. Or saying people in one town in the south is how the whole south is. How would you feel if someone said the whole military was a certain way according to what one or 2 people might have done, or saying everybody in the military are cocky and arrogant just because the person knows 1 or 2 people like that?

Every state has your good people, bad people and annoying people that you just want to beat the **** out of.

I like my state of North Carolina. Has a little bit of everything for anybody. Riding wise you can ride in the mountains on the west end and then ride across the state to the beach. The weather is also a little bit of everything, hot and humid in the summer then cold in the winter (not as cold as other places of course but cold enough to snow some).

Last edited by SouthernGuy8503; 12-28-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:27 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernGuy8503
Well can't compare everything in Delaware to the whole east coast. Would be like saying Cali is how everything is on the whole west coast.
LOL I totally agree with you, but that's a bad analogy -- have you seen a map lately?

Cali is pretty much the whole West Coast (2/3 ??) compared to the blip Delaware amounts to on the East Coast.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:42 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I came from Chicago to Virginia. Horrible drivers in both places. At least the lousy drivers in Chicago DRIVE FAST! In VA the worst and slowest drivers are quite often in the far left passing lane. Bad drivers are everywhere.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Nabubba
Road Master

You just have to get out and ride to find those great roads. You can't compare one state to another as each state has it's own unique riding.

Just be glad to be in Delaware right now and not in the sand box without your bike.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:19 PM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
LOL I totally agree with you, but that's a bad analogy -- have you seen a map lately?

Cali is pretty much the whole West Coast (2/3 ??) compared to the blip Delaware amounts to on the East Coast.
I know but if you think about it, it kind of makes a better analogy since Cali does take up most of the west coast. Hard to explain but comparing Delaware to the east coast is like comparing a 1 household a whole town, while comparing Cali to the west coast is like comparing 1 household to just 1 side of 1 block in a town. If that makes any kind of sense at all lol.

But hell, what does it matter lol. Was just making a point in the other comment, no need to get so technical about it lol.

Last edited by SouthernGuy8503; 12-28-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:47 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

That's the problem. You're in ****ing Delaware. Ride over to PA or NY and find some roads. If you're really feeling froggy come on down to Georgia.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:53 PM
streetboob
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SouthernGuy8503
How would you feel if someone said the whole military was a certain way according to what one or 2 people might have done, or saying everybody in the military are cocky and arrogant just because the person knows 1 or 2 people like that?
They do say that....I fought that for 22 years til I retired last year....

Old 12-28-2010, 06:00 PM
bigalv63
Tourer

The West is a beautiful place just got back from Colo, Utah, and here to Ariz....just have to be careful no matter where you ride those two wheels...

Old 12-28-2010, 06:17 PM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master

Originally Posted by streetboob
They do say that....I fought that for 22 years til I retired last year....
Well that whole comment was just to make the point, that part was to make it seem more personal so he could maybe see the point better. Like I'm going to try being a cop and you know all the **** some people say about them trying to make it seem like they're all the same. Like saying they're all ********, cocky and so on. You have ignorant people talk something about everything that they don't like. When I was younger I would let that **** get to me, now I could give 2 ***** what someone I don't even know thinks of me. I found out that you can't talk any sense into someone ignorant so why try lol.

Last edited by SouthernGuy8503; 12-28-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you can find poor drivers everywhere.you must ride defensivly and alert at all times and always think of your escape route in case something happens(and something WILL HAPPEN). That said, southen Utah,where I live, is riding mecca.I can be at the beach in 7 hrs riding. I can be in the mountains in 45 minutes. I can hit 5 nat'l parks in a weekend. I have a wonderful ride to the North Rim of the GC and I'm less than 2 hrs from Las Vegas. Did I say MECCA?

Quick Reply: East Coast SUCKS for Riding!