Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flash to Pass Garage Door Opener Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 09:52 AM
matt25
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sticky ?????

Old 12-27-2010, 11:22 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 248 Likes on 165 Posts

Last edited by WS6 Formula; 01-01-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:34 PM
budnlucy
Tourer

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
It is called the "Powersports Flash2Pass" and has a photo of a bike on the package. About $70 or $80, but, well worth it.

You're welcome. (Flip video Ultra HD camera)
Just bought one off of Ebay for $58.88 free shipping.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:37 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by budnlucy
Just bought one off of Ebay for $58.88 free shipping.
Sweet! Just don't tell my wife, she'll be pissed!

Old 01-01-2011, 12:51 AM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eastern Performance had them on sale for $56 with free shipping, so based on a few threads regarding the Flash 2 Pass, I bought one. Got it installed tonight, doing the remove the outer-fairing method, verified everything and put it all back together. Except, then it didn't work. Took the outer-fairing back off, unhooking the headlight to set the fairing aside, all worked perfectly. My first thought was that the fairing was somehow interfering with the signal, so I hooked up the headlight but left the fairing down by the fender. Doesn't work; unhook the headlight, it works.

Can anyone tell me what this means? All lights are working properly, including low beam to high beam, but clearly something is haywire, maybe the transmitter isn't getting enough 'juice' when the headlight is powered up. Any suggestions? It's really a cool gizmo, not having to grab a garage door remote, so I'd like to get this sorted out.

I should mention that the wall-mounted switch works properly, opening and closing with the push-button, and that the LED flashes correctly. (The instructions give examples of no LED, or a fast-flashing LED; mine is flashing once every three seconds.)

Thank you,

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 01-01-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:31 AM
budnlucy
Tourer

Mine will only work about fifty feet away.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:49 AM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,635 Likes on 686 Posts

I had to put mine outside of the headlight bucket on the fxr to get it to work.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:30 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
Eastern Performance had them on sale for $56 with free shipping, so based on a few threads regarding the Flash 2 Pass, I bought one. Got it installed tonight, doing the remove the outer-fairing method, verified everything and put it all back together. Except, then it didn't work. Took the outer-fairing back off, unhooking the headlight to set the fairing aside, all worked perfectly. My first thought was that the fairing was somehow interfering with the signal, so I hooked up the headlight but left the fairing down by the fender. Doesn't work; unhook the headlight, it works.

Can anyone tell me what this means? All lights are working properly, including low beam to high beam, but clearly something is haywire, maybe the transmitter isn't getting enough 'juice' when the headlight is powered up. Any suggestions? It's really a cool gizmo, not having to grab a garage door remote, so I'd like to get this sorted out.

I should mention that the wall-mounted switch works properly, opening and closing with the push-button, and that the LED flashes correctly. (The instructions give examples of no LED, or a fast-flashing LED; mine is flashing once every three seconds.)

Thank you,

I admit that I'm more than puzzled. I did not remove the fairing to install mine. I just can't imagine why the fairing would make any difference. All I can think of is maybe the ground (black) wire is getting pinched or???? BTW, the red light on my wall button flashes also. I wish I could be more help and I hope you get it figured out soon. I love mine!!

Old 01-01-2011, 12:33 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by budnlucy
Mine will only work about fifty feet away.
That's actually as good or better than I'm getting from the HD flash to pass unit. I don't know if your unit uses a piece of wire as the antennae but I found that if I added a section to that I got a bit more range. May be worth a try.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:49 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
I admit that I'm more than puzzled. I did not remove the fairing to install mine. I just can't imagine why the fairing would make any difference. All I can think of is maybe the ground (black) wire is getting pinched or???? BTW, the red light on my wall button flashes also. I wish I could be more help and I hope you get it figured out soon. I love mine!!
Took the fairing back off, checked the wires; no pinched or cut wires. Seems more of an electrical load problem, since the Flash2Pass works perfect when the headlight is unplugged, and doesn't work at all when the headlight is plugged in. Went out this morning and triple-checked everything, including switching the two wires connected at the headlight. Flash2Pass works when the headlight is not plugged in, doesn't work when it is plugged in. While the instructions aren't specific, does it make any difference if the wires are attached near the back of the headlight, or farther back in the wiring loop?

The LED light on the wall switch is supposed to flash every three seconds, which mine does, so that's supposed to indicate that all is normal and working. And from the wall switch, it does.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 01-01-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Flash to Pass Garage Door Opener Install