General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010 | 03:15 PM
2011FLHTK
|
Road Master
Default Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.

I've noticed that there are a lot of non riders who are members of this HD forum. Not just people who don't have HDs, but people who actually don't ride bikes.

I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be members (everyone is welcome I'm sure), but I am wondering what could possibly be of interest to them as we "blah blah blah Harley" this and "blah blah blah Harley" that.

Personally, I wouldn't want to join a specialized forum if I didn't actually participate in that particular activity. But hey, maybe I'm weird that way.

Maybe a non-rider will chime in and explain the attraction.

Old 12-22-2010 | 03:33 PM
Northern Cowboy
Road Master

How do you know there are a lot of non-riders on here?

If you were to ask me I thought all rode or where between rides.

Old 12-22-2010 | 03:37 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

psychic?

Old 12-22-2010 | 03:38 PM
wheel752
Road Captain

Rub wannabees

Old 12-22-2010 | 03:43 PM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master

Well I'm a non rider but I also plan on getting a Harley as soon as I'm able to. I've loved Harleys ever since before I even got a regular driver's license. I've also worked at the Harley shop near me for a little bit.

But by what you said that means I'm not good enough to be on this forum just because I don't have the finances for a Harley yet? It's not like me or others don't want one, just don't have one yet. I wasn't privileged to get one in high school or before I could even legally drink. Right now I'm 25 and I've heard of some people not getting a bike until well over middle age. If I was able to I would have gotten a Harley as early as North Carolina would let me legally. But with me it seems like I either don't have the time to even get the motorcycle endorsement or I don't have any money to even try getting the endorsement let alone any bike.

I can also get advise on the best processes to get a Harley on here instead of doing what I think is best but end up screwing myself over. My bad for trying to get advice and try to do the smart thing. But I guess I should stop coming on here right?

By the way, this is an HD Forum, not an HD Riders Only Forum. So as long as you love HDs you should be able to be on here as long as you don't start drama all the time.

Last edited by SouthernGuy8503; 12-22-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-22-2010 | 03:47 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2011FLHTK
I've noticed that there are a lot of non riders who are members of this HD forum. Not just people who don't have HDs, but people who actually don't ride bikes.

I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be members (everyone is welcome I'm sure), but I am wondering what could possibly be of interest to them as we "blah blah blah Harley" this and "blah blah blah Harley" that.

Personally, I wouldn't want to join a specialized forum if I didn't actually participate in that particular activity. But hey, maybe I'm weird that way.

Maybe a non-rider will chime in and explain the attraction.
I wouldn't be here if I didn't own and ride a Harley so I guess we are on the same page.How can you tell the riders from the non-riders?Just curious.

Old 12-22-2010 | 03:47 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Talking

Originally Posted by SouthernGuy8503
Well I'm a non rider but I also plan on getting a Harley as soon as I'm able to. I've loved Harleys ever since before I even got a regular driver's license. I've also worked at the Harley shop near me for a little bit.

But by what you said that means I'm not good enough to be on this forum just because I don't have the finances for a Harley yet? It's not like me or others don't want one, just don't have one yet. I wasn't privileged to get one in high school or before I could even legally drink. Right now I'm 25 and I've heard of some people not getting a bike until well over middle age. If I was able to I would have gotten a Harley as early as North Carolina would let me legally.

By the way, this is an HD Forum, not an HD Riders Only Forum. So as long as you love HDs you should be able to be on here as long as you don't start drama all the time.

I can also get advise on the best processes to get a Harley on here instead of doing what I think is best but end up screwing myself over.
Your fine, while my kids were growing up there were no bikes never mind Harley's in my garage. Enjoy the company and when you do decide on a bike be it Harley or other wise, take the course and be safe, that is the most important thing to remember.

Old 12-22-2010 | 03:49 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

I was a non rider when I joined this forum. I joined so I could learn a few things before I decided on which bike I wanted to buy and which mods I wanted to put on it and it helped me out a lot.

Old 12-22-2010 | 03:58 PM
obonaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
I was a non rider when I joined this forum. I joined so I could learn a few things before I decided on which bike I wanted to buy and which mods I wanted to put on it and it helped me out a lot.
Same here. I'm guessing you did not have anywhere near the 43,855 posts you have now back then....

Old 12-22-2010 | 04:10 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SouthernGuy8503

But by what you said that means I'm not good enough to be on this forum just because I don't have the finances for a Harley yet? It's not like me or others don't want one, just don't have one yet. I wasn't privileged to get one in high school or before I could even legally drink. Right now I'm 25 and I've heard of some people not getting a bike until well over middle age. If I was able to I would have gotten a Harley as early as North Carolina would let me legally. But with me it seems like I either don't have the time to even get the motorcycle endorsement or I don't have any money to even try getting the endorsement let alone any bike.

I can also get advise on the best processes to get a Harley on here instead of doing what I think is best but end up screwing myself over. My bad for trying to get advice and try to do the smart thing. But I guess I should stop coming on here right?

Your history and bio show that you aren't one of the ones the OP is talking about. You obviously are interested in riding and HD's and will most certainly have one at some point.
I got that he was wondering why someone with no real interest or intent to ride would want to listen to the stuff we all talk about here.

Quick Reply: Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.