General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010 | 09:45 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

I have no problem with non riders on this forum. As others have already mentioned, it's a great place for them to gather info so when/if they're ready to purchase a bike, they're a few steps ahead. Good thinking on their part.

Old 12-23-2010 | 10:36 PM
JDB
Cruiser
Default what

you don't have anything better to do. Send out the forum police to see who rides.

Old 12-23-2010 | 11:56 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

Forums like HD, Corvette, Viper, Mustang and all brands of vehicles have non owners on them. They are there because of their interest in the brand and want to learn. Some to have info to make a purchase but some may never get one and just like to see whats going on.

That is what for.

What if some one said they have 6 HD's and no one with less should be on the forum or you must have two to be here. That is just as ridiculous as not allowing a non owner on the forum.

The Honda VTX forum is loaded with HD owners who originally had VTX's and moved on to HD but stayed on the forum.

Viper forums members w/o a Viper start out as enthusiasts and progress to owners and then paid club members. Many never get a Viper.

Old 12-24-2010 | 12:52 AM
jcbii
Advanced

Originally Posted by glockholiday
I'm just "bikeless". I've owned a dozen bikes from when I was 14 to my early twenties (only one Harley due to $$$). I also love offroading and I'm 30 now and have 3 kids so this is my ride for now

until I can afford toys for my family AND a Harley i have to choose family first but there will definitely be another Harley in my future it's in my blood. I just like keeping up on the subject and I have some experience with bikes so I try to help when I can.
My wife has been getting on me to sell the Harley and invest in something more "family" oriented. She has a point, as our son is 14yrs old and time goes by fast. But what's really weird is that she's saying I should buy two dirt bikes so I can ride with my son. Wow, I never thought I'd see my wife get mad because I'm NOT buying dirtbikes. ha ha

Old 12-24-2010 | 04:45 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

I'm a non-engineer but I enjoy talking to them.Not a woman and really enjoy talking with them.See what I mean?We all march to the beat of a different drummer!

Old 12-24-2010 | 07:07 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

There's nothing wrong with non-riders getting on forums to learn more. Unfortunately, the real non-riders are the trolls who get on just to post BS stories and stir things up. It's even worse with the left-wing non-gun owners over at Glock Talk, but I'm pretty sure there are several genuine trolls here, too.

Originally Posted by dog155
I'm a non-engineer but I enjoy talking to them.Not a woman and really enjoy talking with them.See what I mean?We all march to the beat of a different drummer!
You "enjoy" talking to engineers and women?...that's not a different drummer - that's more like, "need medication."

Last edited by brenn; 12-24-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-24-2010 | 07:18 AM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Forums like HD, Corvette, Viper, Mustang and all brands of vehicles have non owners on them. They are there because of their interest in the brand and want to learn. Some to have info to make a purchase but some may never get one and just like to see whats going on.

That is what for.

What if some one said they have 6 HD's and no one with less should be on the forum or you must have two to be here. That is just as ridiculous as not allowing a non owner on the forum.

The Honda VTX forum is loaded with HD owners who originally had VTX's and moved on to HD but stayed on the forum.

Viper forums members w/o a Viper start out as enthusiasts and progress to owners and then paid club members. Many never get a Viper.
I had my xlcr back in 84, so....
I think only people who had their first Harley 26 years or more ago should be allowed in here

Old 12-24-2010 | 08:02 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise

Yeah, and i think some of the non-riders actually own motorcycles!

Old 12-24-2010 | 09:09 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SouthernGuy8503
Plus I get defensive pretty easily because if I have a response to something I'll say it. I had to hold back because I didn't want to assume much, but even when I hold back I sometimes go to far so imagine when I don't hold anything back lol.
Well if you intend to be a police officer you are definitely going to have to toughen up. One of the first rules for rookies...big ears, little mouth.

Old 12-24-2010 | 10:19 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

The only non-riders I have a problem with, are the ones that do a lot of criticizing.

Can't be judging other peoples bikes when you ain't even got one.

Quick Reply: Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.