General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010 | 05:43 PM
swosanity
Intermediate

I don't ride, never been on a bike. However, this site has helped me choose a bike that I want. So does it really matter. I don't think so.

Old 12-23-2010 | 05:56 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member

Many non-HD riders become HD riders....This forum might help the transition!!!

Old 12-23-2010 | 06:15 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by swosanity
I don't ride, never been on a bike. However, this site has helped me choose a bike that I want. So does it really matter. I don't think so.
I don't think so either, and I hope you enjoy your ride when and if you get it.

P.S. I don't know what you are wanting, but go for a Roadking....................not that I'm biased or anything.

Old 12-23-2010 | 07:59 PM
2011FLHTK
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by SouthernGuy8503
Well at least you cleared up what you meant, but if you read the original post you just didn't word it right or explain enough because you came off as basically thinking if you don't have a Harley then why be on here. So read your original post from my prospective, I don't have a Harley or bike YET but will in the future when I'm able to. I can understand your post if you talked about someone that doesn't even plan on getting a Harley, but it just sounded like it didn't matter what the reason was.

Plus I get defensive pretty easily because if I have a response to something I'll say it. I had to hold back because I didn't want to assume much, but even when I hold back I sometimes go to far so imagine when I don't hold anything back lol.

I'm glad I joined because I can get a lot od advise when I'm able to get one, any question I have I can ask here instead of at the HD shop which they sometimes will say stuff just to get a sell. Here I get the actual truth, sometimes at an HD shop you get the truth but others don't care and just want to get a sell even if it's just a $50 part (which for HD would be a bolt lol). I know I would have screwed myself or made mistakes if I did what I thought was the best thing. Now I know to take either the Rider's Edge course or a MSF course, then get a used bike instead of a brand new one. At first I was going to get a used one to learn on by myself, try to get the endorsement myself and then get a brand new Harley. Also I can tell from other types of forums most people basically wouldn't want people on there that didn't have whatever the forum was for specifically. Like a Camaro, Mustang, Mopar and so on. Here I was still welcomed from everybody like I had been riding for 30+ years, can't find that on many forums.

So again I understand what you might be talking about if someone is on here but doesn't plan on getting a Harley, but I do, I just haven't been able to yet. When I said I didn't have the money to get any bike I mean I literally didn't, not even for a $500 bike. When I did have the money I didn't have the time for any class (which is what I'm going to do) or to learn on my own. So it seems like it's never worked out for me, which is how most things are with me it seems lol.
Hey SouthernGuy, I'm glad I was able to clarify my post. And please don't be discouraged on your bike dreams. I wanted a Harley ever since I was old enough to stand up and take my first steps. I have always been fascinated by them. It runs in the family; my father rode, my grandfather rode and he was a dispatch rider in Europe during WWII. I rode other people's bikes until I could afford my own. I was 18 when I bought a busted up old Honda CB750 from a friend for $200. The bottom end of the motor was shot and it had been sitting out in the rain and snow for a few years. I stripped it down to the frame and built it back up piece by piece as I could afford it. Over the years I owned several POS bikes (all dirt cheap) until I could afford my first HD at age 40. It was 12 years old. I guess my point is get whatever you can and ride it. Don't wait for the perfect bike or even a particular brand (HD or otherwise). Anything on 2 wheels is great (and sometimes 3).

As for the guys flaming me for my original post. Really?? Nobody said your opinions don't matter. Nobody said you don't belong here. Nobody said anything negative about not owning a bike or a Harley. I've never said anything even close to that. In fact, three times now I've said "everyone is welcome". Stop reading between lines that only exist in your own imagination.

Old 12-23-2010 | 08:02 PM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

They are "Bike Curious" but what does it matter since this is the internet and nobody knows for sure who is behind the aviators. I'm here for the

Old 12-23-2010 | 08:18 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

If they own a bike or not is not an issue with me. Good conversation is always welcome and a dumb *** is a dumb *** no matter if he rides.

Old 12-23-2010 | 08:35 PM
oct1949
Club Member

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
I was a non rider when I joined this forum. I joined so I could learn a few things before I decided on which bike I wanted to buy and which mods I wanted to put on it and it helped me out a lot.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

At least one member answered the OP's question correctly and wasn't thin skinned...

Good answer.. Springer

Old 12-23-2010 | 09:05 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master

Hadn't noticed.

Old 12-23-2010 | 09:39 PM
2011FLHTK
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by oct1949
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

At least one member answered the OP's question correctly and wasn't thin skinned...

Good answer.. Springer
Ya, thanks Springer. I think most people got it. Some got right bent though.

Old 12-23-2010 | 09:42 PM
dex82
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cromagnon
wannabees, posers, RUBs, loud pipers, ape people, profilers, tourers, bullshiters, this place has them all ....
me ape person........me not like profilers

Quick Reply: Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.