General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010 | 06:40 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

How many non-racers watch NASCAR?

How many non-players watch the NFL?

How many on here watch ****?

Old 12-22-2010 | 06:48 PM
tseek555
Road Master

Why I do believe this is a subject I have not seen on here before.....

Old 12-22-2010 | 06:55 PM
EW1959
Tourer

I was wondering if the dude that started this thread was a dick before or after he bought his Harley

Old 12-22-2010 | 07:03 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2011FLHTK
I've noticed that there are a lot of non riders who are members of this HD forum. Not just people who don't have HDs, but people who actually don't ride bikes.

I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be members (everyone is welcome I'm sure), but I am wondering what could possibly be of interest to them as we "blah blah blah Harley" this and "blah blah blah Harley" that.

Personally, I wouldn't want to join a specialized forum if I didn't actually participate in that particular activity. But hey, maybe I'm weird that way.

Maybe a non-rider will chime in and explain the attraction.
I know what you mean. Why someone who doesn't ride would just want to come in here and play "games" and post irrelevant threads is a mystery to me, too.

Old 12-22-2010 | 07:15 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Cool

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
I was a non rider when I joined this forum. I joined so I could learn a few things before I decided on which bike I wanted to buy and which mods I wanted to put on it and it helped me out a lot.
man with all those posts how do you find time to ride

Old 12-22-2010 | 07:24 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

I've noticed that there are a lot of non riders who are members of this HD forum. Not just people who don't have HDs, but people who actually don't ride bikes.

I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be members (everyone is welcome I'm sure), but I am wondering what could possibly be of interest to them as we "blah blah blah Harley" this and "blah blah blah Harley" that.

Personally, I wouldn't want to join a specialized forum if I didn't actually participate in that particular activity. But hey, maybe I'm weird that way.

Oh I get it. He just got his first bike and wants to make sure the world knows that he actually has a bike now.

Too bad he offended some during that process.

Old 12-22-2010 | 07:27 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

How many on here watch ****?
Hey now, that is different. **** is a necessity in life that one needs for survival.
It's akin to food and beer.

Old 12-22-2010 | 07:30 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member

I can remember ridin' a Harley before Al Gore even invented the internet.

Old 12-22-2010 | 07:30 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by SouthernGuy8503
Well I'm a non rider but I also plan on getting a Harley as soon as I'm able to. I've loved Harleys ever since before I even got a regular driver's license. I've also worked at the Harley shop near me for a little bit.

But by what you said that means I'm not good enough to be on this forum just because I don't have the finances for a Harley yet? It's not like me or others don't want one, just don't have one yet. I wasn't privileged to get one in high school or before I could even legally drink. Right now I'm 25 and I've heard of some people not getting a bike until well over middle age. If I was able to I would have gotten a Harley as early as North Carolina would let me legally. But with me it seems like I either don't have the time to even get the motorcycle endorsement or I don't have any money to even try getting the endorsement let alone any bike.

I can also get advise on the best processes to get a Harley on here instead of doing what I think is best but end up screwing myself over. My bad for trying to get advice and try to do the smart thing. But I guess I should stop coming on here right?

By the way, this is an HD Forum, not an HD Riders Only Forum. So as long as you love HDs you should be able to be on here as long as you don't start drama all the time.
If I could give you some old guy advise:

Go out and buy a bike now. If I had waited for my Harley, I would have missed out on about 25 years of fantastic times riding. Having the Harley has been the icing on the cake for me, but think of all the cake I would have missed.

A young guy at work went to Sturgis with me and my buddies this past summer. From Albuquerque to Sturgis, and then he went by himself out to the west coast, and then back to Albuquerque, and he had a blast. Best thing he ever did, he told me, and all on a $1,000 Suzuki 500. (Yes he kept up with us, and we haul ***) He would have missed it if he waited to afford a Harley.

I love riding my Harley, but the bottom line for me is riding. The Harley just adds a little extra.

Good Luck to you.

Crazy

Old 12-22-2010 | 07:39 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome to the forum 2011flhtk. Sorry, I must have missed your
introduction.

Quick Reply: Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.