General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010 | 04:12 PM
Softtail Deluxe
Road Captain

To me .........there are no" non-riders" . They're just "bikeless" . Been there done that .

Old 12-22-2010 | 04:21 PM
testifer
Road Master

i dont have a problem with it, im sure they dont ride because they dont have the money. its a good place to pick up some tid bits for when they are ready to ride.

Old 12-22-2010 | 04:22 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chuckw2
Your history and bio show that you aren't one of the ones the OP is talking about. You obviously are interested in riding and HD's and will most certainly have one at some point.
I got that he was wondering why someone with no real interest or intent to ride would want to listen to the stuff we all talk about here.
Good post,I also believe that was the op's point.SouthernGuy has also made a good point and I applaud his honesty,I have no doubt that he is a future rider and would like to thank him for his post.

Old 12-22-2010 | 04:26 PM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master

Originally Posted by chuckw2
Your history and bio show that you aren't one of the ones the OP is talking about. You obviously are interested in riding and HD's and will most certainly have one at some point.
I got that he was wondering why someone with no real interest or intent to ride would want to listen to the stuff we all talk about here.

Well if that part of what you said is true then he worded wrong or didn't specify enough. If you read it, it sounds like he's talking about all non-riders rather they're interest in HDs or not. But if you think about it, if you're have some kind of interest in HDs enough to join a forum without owning a bike, then you're interested enough to want one and get one in the future.

Just my opinion though I guess. According to what he said my opinion probably doesn't matter because I don't have a Harley yet. But, by his logic then shouldn't my opinion matter more than his because I used to work for Harley instead of just buying their product? I don't agree with that but just going off the same logic as the OP to make a point lol.

Last edited by SouthernGuy8503; 12-22-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-22-2010 | 04:27 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Well, ya do have to sign up to see the Showdown Forum.....just sayin.

Old 12-22-2010 | 04:33 PM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior

It doesn't bother me, when I think about it you have to love them first or you would'nt buy one. You have one of the 2 and I believe at some pt. you'll have both. It took me till age 63 to get mine. hope you don't have to wait that long. good luck to ya!
Kroozeabout.

Old 12-22-2010 | 04:36 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

that's worth the price of admission right there.

Old 12-22-2010 | 04:40 PM
dortiz
Road Captain

You should buy a bike just to **** him off.

Old 12-22-2010 | 04:43 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 2011FLHTK
I've noticed that there are a lot of non riders who are members of this HD forum. Not just people who don't have HDs, but people who actually don't ride bikes.

I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be members (everyone is welcome I'm sure), but I am wondering what could possibly be of interest to them as we "blah blah blah Harley" this and "blah blah blah Harley" that.

Personally, I wouldn't want to join a specialized forum if I didn't actually participate in that particular activity. But hey, maybe I'm weird that way.

Maybe a non-rider will chime in and explain the attraction.
If someone is considering buying a bike, this forum is a great source of information.

Jim

Old 12-22-2010 | 04:47 PM
dyna105
Road Master

Well the way I see it, there's a bunch of us "non-riders" on here now. Spring will be here before long than we can ride and start using the forum again...lol

Quick Reply: Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.