General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010 | 10:34 AM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Well if you intend to be a police officer you are definitely going to have to toughen up. One of the first rules for rookies...big ears, little mouth.
Well not that I need to toughen up, I've gotten better about not letting certain things get to me. But I know I'll still need to know when to keep my mouth shut and probably get a little thicker skin. Only reason I got defensive at first was if you look at the original post it sounded a lot different than what he really meant which he explained in another post. So the 1st post he was almost telling me I shouldn't be here which I don't like when people tell me I shouldn't do this, buy that.

So ya, I don't have thin skin anymore but I know I'll have to get a little bit thicker skin and know when to keep my mouth shut. I still have that "**** you" voice sometimes lol.

Old 12-24-2010 | 10:39 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Delete.

Comment was in response to a different thread.

Last edited by Faast Ed; 12-24-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-24-2010 | 10:41 AM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member

I currently have a Yamaha Vstar, looking to get a different bike and HD is a top choice. Joined so I can have knowledge on what will be my next bike. I am also a member of other forums that are not HD.

Old 12-24-2010 | 11:47 AM
monstead
Club Member
From: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....

Dayum guys, some of you you are starting to sound, well... like a bunch of girls! What's with all this hyper-sensitivity all the sudden? And, BTW...I can say this because I'm a chick myself so that qualifies me as an expert on hyper-sensitivity and reading into things.

I am quite sure the OP's post wasn't meant to offend you or those who don't own/ride Harleys. I read the OP's post AND nowhere did I read into the original question that he was dissing those not owning H-D's, but merely asking why there are SOME (not all) here who are members who don't seem to have an interest in bikes/Harleys. It's not uncommon for the occasional "troll" to come here to stir things up. Seemed clear (to me anyway) that he wasn't insisting the HDForum is some sort of exclusive club. It's pretty hard to convey exact intent via written word since we don't have the benefit of context, facial and body language, etc. Sometimes, we all need to take a breath, read the "offending" post a couple times if you have to and try not assume the "worst" before you react.

As far Southerguy's situation, I think it's great you're a member...this is a great place to hang in light of the fact you intend on owning a HD one day. You can glean a lot of information here and learn a ton of useful stuff that should aid in your decision about which exact bike is best for you...and then what mods you may or may not want to do with it. You're still a young guy (to me anyway)...and most folks in your shoes aren't able to pull off owning a H-D on top of everything else. I have no doubt you will one day. No shame in that...we all have our own financial situations/priorities to deal with.

Originally Posted by SouthernGuy8503
Well if that part of what you said is true then he worded wrong or didn't specify enough. If you read it, it sounds like he's talking about all non-riders rather they're interest in HDs or not. But if you think about it, if you're have some kind of interest in HDs enough to join a forum without owning a bike, then you're interested enough to want one and get one in the future.

Just my opinion though I guess. According to what he said my opinion probably doesn't matter because I don't have a Harley yet. But, by his logic then shouldn't my opinion matter more than his because I used to work for Harley instead of just buying their product? I don't agree with that but just going off the same logic as the OP to make a point lol.

Old 12-24-2010 | 11:54 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Dayum guys, some of you you are starting to sound, well... like a bunch of girls! What's with all this hyper-sensitivity all the sudden? And, BTW...I can say this because I'm a chick myself so that qualifies me as an expert on hyper-sensitivity and reading into things.
As cute as that sounds,.... there is some serious logic to it!
Very well stated.

Old 12-24-2010 | 01:51 PM
2011FLHTK
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by monstead

I am quite sure the OP's post wasn't meant to offend you or those who don't own/ride Harleys. I read the OP's post AND nowhere did I read into the original question that he was dissing those not owning H-D's, but merely asking why there are SOME (not all) here who are members who don't seem to have an interest in bikes/Harleys. It's not uncommon for the occasional "troll" to come here to stir things up. Seemed clear (to me anyway) that he wasn't insisting the HDForum is some sort of exclusive club. It's pretty hard to convey exact intent via written word since we don't have the benefit of context, facial and body language, etc. Sometimes, we all need to take a breath, read the "offending" post a couple times if you have to and try not assume the "worst" before you react.

As far Southerguy's situation, I think it's great you're a member...this is a great place to hang in light of the fact you intend on owning a HD one day. You can glean a lot of information here and learn a ton of useful stuff that should aid in your decision about which exact bike is best for you...and then what mods you may or may not want to do with it. You're still a young guy (to me anyway)...and most folks in your shoes aren't able to pull off owning a H-D on top of everything else. I have no doubt you will one day. No shame in that...we all have our own financial situations/priorities to deal with.
Thanks for injecting some sanity into the discussion Monstead. I thought it was pretty clear when I posted it, but sometimes people hear what they want to hear. Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess the insult is in the ear of the listener too (especially if its read rather than spoken).

Old 12-24-2010 | 01:58 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

A few times more than once, a member here has started his "I am done here" thread and then goes on about how he his selling his bike and therefore he is leaving the forum. And then come all the pages after pages of people telling him no, no please stay, cuz this isin't the Harley Owners Forum it's the just the Harley forum and blah blah blah. Which I agree with. So... unless some of youse guys want to make some changes to the bylaws and strict rules we all adhere to at HDF and make the ironclad and completely enforceable rule that all members MUST own a Harley {even a Sportster} before they can post to, or even access this site...STFU!!

Old 12-24-2010 | 02:13 PM
bennyreed
6th Gear

I don't really care. The more support, the better.

Old 12-24-2010 | 02:19 PM
fxrsjohn
Cruiser

I figure that anyone who has time to post almost 9,000 times a year avg. probably does'nt have much time to actually ride.

Old 12-24-2010 | 02:28 PM
StreetBobGirl
Stage I

Spoken like a true Floridian, theres a lot of us looking at the snow on the ground right now.

Quick Reply: Lots of non-riders on the HD forum.