General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hdf members get together

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011 | 07:29 PM
woodtick50
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by GONZEE
gumby hit a deer on the way home, he is a bit banged up but OK. dont know the details. we had a missin person, fawkinays sister, she got a bit tipsy and decided to go on a walk about, a neighbor found her walking aroud in her yard at 6 am. 2 miles away. we got a good laugh about it after we foud her safe. i only passed out twice ,im sure that pic will come back to haunt me soon. the posers had us laughing our asses off. many storie to be told , i just dont remember them all. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE IT OUT. hope you all had fun. we met some great people.

i have the photo mentioned above. if anyone is interested in seeing it.
they will have to lead this computerdumbass through the process of retrieving it off a iphone4 then how to post it on the forum.

remember easy, simple steps are what is required.

Old 06-05-2011 | 07:46 PM
GONZEE
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by woodtick50
i have the photo mentioned above. if anyone is interested in seeing it.
they will have to lead this computerdumbass through the process of retrieving it off a iphone4 then how to post it on the forum.

remember easy, simple steps are what is required.
gee, thanks WOOD TICK...lol

Old 06-05-2011 | 09:16 PM
woodtick50
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Thanks Gonzee had a great time. enjoyed putting faces to the names from the
internet. couldn't ask for better weather all weekend or people to spend it with.

Old 06-05-2011 | 09:38 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks Bud. I was surprised that I knew one of the locals. Looking forward to next year. We'll have to get my B-I-L to come and tell the story about pinching the cats ***** and the cat thought Dave did it. Heard some funny stories.

I dodged the deer but only a little better than Gumby - I had 2 close calls. Never got over 45 all the way home.

Vote for Pedro !

Old 06-05-2011 | 10:22 PM
gsreimers
Tourer

Thanks Gonzee. The wife and I had a good time, and now in 2036 at Gonzeefest 25, I'll be able to say I was at the first one.

Old 06-06-2011 | 01:40 AM
Retrax
Tourer

Thanks for the hospitality and fun times Gonzee! Great group of people. I had a doe and her fawn jump out in front of me on my way in, about 200 yards from Gonzee's driveway. The fawn hunkered down in the ditch and stared at me so I yanked out my camera and got a pic of the fawn running away.

My way home was a similar tale. Had two close calls with deer and got to test out the ABS on the glide for the second one after it jumped out and then decided to reverse and run in front of me again.

Old 06-06-2011 | 03:36 AM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Retrax
Thanks for the hospitality and fun times Gonzee! Great group of people. I had a doe and her fawn jump out in front of me on my way in, about 200 yards from Gonzee's driveway. The fawn hunkered down in the ditch and stared at me so I yanked out my camera and got a pic of the fawn running away.

My way home was a similar tale. Had two close calls with deer and got to test out the ABS on the glide for the second one after it jumped out and then decided to reverse and run in front of me again.
If you go to Gonzee's, it's best to plan on spending the night and leaving in daylight!! I saw a mess of deer but all with room to spare in the daylight!

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:38 AM
DukeofEarl
Tourer

Just wanted to say thanks to Gonzee for hosting the Gonzee Fest. Great host, great food, great company. Nice to meet all of the folks that were there on Saturday. Glad my wife and I left earlier enough to avoid the deer - saw one cross the road about 100 yards ahead of us. Slowed down to a crawl but didn't see any more come out of the woods.

Sorry to hear that Gumby bagged one.

Thanks again Gonzee.

Old 06-06-2011 | 11:31 AM
Fawkinnae
Novice

From this weekend forward I will define my life as "Before Gonzee Fest" (BGf) and "After Gonzee Fest (AGf). What a blast! Thanks so much Joe and Sherry for hosting such a great kick-*** party. Terry took something like 200 pictures and they are all good. Had a amazing time meeting everyone. Enjoyed walking every inch of Gonzeeland at 5am Saturday morning (after finally going to bed at 4am). Sorry to hear Gumby hit a deer but glad to hear he is O.K.

Old 06-06-2011 | 11:36 AM
Fawkinnae
Novice

OK let's see if I can upload a picture.

Attached Thumbnails Hdf members get together-img_0662.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hdf members get together