General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hdf members get together

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011 | 06:40 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by IronAss
It sounds like this thing is getting out of hand already. I for one would not blame you if you said hell with all the rally type B.S. I think it was a good idea you had in the beginning to just have a get together in a damn cow pasture someplace. Hire a generator and find a DJ or a local band that doesn't want an arm and a leg for a couple hours. Have some Bike rodeo events and a nice ride and some ole fashion fun. Post the price for the generator and music and porta potty's. Those that want to come split the cost.

I realize that there is more to it then what I've suggested but ya might want to think about it as opposed to trying to make it into the next Woodstock.
I wanted to say something similar a long time ago, and felt a little shy about it. As long as the ice is broke, I'll be happy to say what I was thinking earlier.

We could see bands and whatnot at home and I don't see it as a high priority item for this event. DJ is cool, games and such, a ride of course.

I'm cool with whatever you decide and I really hope to be able to make it.

Old 02-23-2011 | 06:51 PM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, I know I posted earlier if it was alright to bring wives, now it looks like I won't have one by then.... for what it's worth, it may be better to keep it simple, just a get together for people who may never get to meet any other way.

Old 02-23-2011 | 06:56 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

You can save money if you set up a makeshift stage, and then you and Sugartits can put on skits for us all day. LOL

Old 02-23-2011 | 06:58 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

....now it looks like I won't have one by then....
I sure hope that blows over by then.

I've had some pretty serious spats with the wife that "looked like" the same was gonna happen. But fortunately that stuff does blow over for us.
Hopefully the same will happen for you.

Old 02-23-2011 | 07:13 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member

Hey Bud, the others have a good point. Why not leave the band up to the local bar owners? F'em if they don't want to work with you.

If anyone wants to do the bar/party thing, it could be optional. I'd be up for hanging by a bonfire and just doing the meet 'n greet. That would give the attendees a chance to BS n tell each other lies. There are several mobile pig roasters I've seen with trailers around the cities. I'd be willing to bet they'd work with you...

Old 02-23-2011 | 07:36 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by rizzo
I'd be up for hanging by a bonfire and just doing the meet 'n greet. That would give the attendees a chance to BS n tell each other lies. ...
That is what I like to do as well......

Old 02-23-2011 | 07:44 PM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
I sure hope that blows over by then.

I've had some pretty serious spats with the wife that "looked like" the same was gonna happen. But fortunately that stuff does blow over for us.
Hopefully the same will happen for you.
Not that way this time I'm afraid, she already has talked marriage to a coworker. I did not see it coming! 2x loser here, never again!!!

Old 02-23-2011 | 08:23 PM
dumbbear
Tourer

Don,t need no sinken band . beer is better at a bondfire.

Last edited by dumbbear; 02-23-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2011 | 09:57 PM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by IronAss
It sounds like this thing is getting out of hand already. I for one would not blame you if you said hell with all the rally type B.S. I think it was a good idea you had in the beginning to just have a get together in a damn cow pasture someplace. Hire a generator and find a DJ or a local band that doesn't want an arm and a leg for a couple hours. Have some Bike rodeo events and a nice ride and some ole fashion fun. Post the price for the generator and music and porta potty's. Those that want to come split the cost.

I realize that there is more to it then what I've suggested but ya might want to think about it as opposed to trying to make it into the next Woodstock.
+1... Sometimes simple is better for all....

Old 02-24-2011 | 12:58 PM
GONZEE
|
Outstanding HDF Member

ok the people have spoken. my place it is. the pig roast is still on, bring your own beverage liquore store is near by. ill get the porta john/johns, IRON *** talked some sense into me (thanks daddy)lol, when i do things i have always gone larger then neccesary. SORRY FOR THE CHAOS! thanks.

Quick Reply: Hdf members get together