General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hdf members get together

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011 | 03:07 PM
GONZEE
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Too early for some of us to commit. I'd hate to throw your numbers off with something I can't promise as of yet. I can't be the only one.
i agree, and understand. thou i do need a rough idea for planning, food, booking a band, etc..this not somthing i do every day, so like i said ill take all ideas. much appreciated.

Old 02-06-2011 | 03:11 PM
Rockymtnfishboy
Cruiser

Damn, just saw the dates, no go for us...........Stooooopid Work!!!

Old 02-06-2011 | 03:21 PM
GONZEE
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rockymtnfishboy
ya do what ya gotta do. if the party goes good we will just tell ya it SUCKED so you wont feel like ya missed anything.

Old 02-06-2011 | 03:35 PM
sucherman
Club Member

Just a couple of thoughts. If JJ's club has a kitchen and is willing to feed folks we could work out some sort of deal on food. If possible could do pig in pit on their property, save traffic to and from your place to keep peace in the 'hood'. Porta pots, if the head count is large enough, don't want fifty folks lined up for one toilet. Perhaps an up front donation from those of us that will be there to help with the costs of setting all this up, band(s), permits, booze, PA system, (if needed). I was a short order/ kitchen manager in a previous life and could help in the feeding folks dept., I'm sure others have talents to bring to the party as well. Might want to entice the local ladies, make it a three day ladies night, dancers drink free, stuff like that. Dennis

Old 02-06-2011 | 03:56 PM
Rockymtnfishboy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GONZEE
ya do what ya gotta do. if the party goes good we will just tell ya it SUCKED so you wont feel like ya missed anything.
I appreciate that!!!! June is just a bad time of year work wise, Nellie and I usually get that way every August, just havent done it on the bikes. We are talkin about ridin there this summer, so if we do we will give ya heads up and mebbe we could ride together for a day or so, we have a place about 15 miles out of Spooner!

Old 02-06-2011 | 04:03 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Us 5 day guys would only have to miss a Friday at work.

But as I said earlier, commiting to anything that far away is tough for me.

Old 02-06-2011 | 04:04 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Any Days Inn or La Quintas nearby? Both owe me a few free nights.

Old 02-06-2011 | 04:43 PM
GONZEE
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by sucherman
Just a couple of thoughts. If JJ's club has a kitchen and is willing to feed folks we could work out some sort of deal on food. If possible could do pig in pit on their property, save traffic to and from your place to keep peace in the 'hood'. Porta pots, if the head count is large enough, don't want fifty folks lined up for one toilet. Perhaps an up front donation from those of us that will be there to help with the costs of setting all this up, band(s), permits, booze, PA system, (if needed). I was a short order/ kitchen manager in a previous life and could help in the feeding folks dept., I'm sure others have talents to bring to the party as well. Might want to entice the local ladies, make it a three day ladies night, dancers drink free, stuff like that. Dennis
great ideas! yes JJ'S has a kitchen with good bar food. i will buy a pig to roast, not a problem. i also considerd a donation dealy, thingy, just hate askin for money, just not sure how to handle somthin like that, i have been tossin ideas around nothin in stone. i would like the members to decide. i will not turn down a donation LOL . I AM NOT A GUY WHO WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY! i just want us to have a good time. idont want people cruzin 800 miles or more and saying what a waste of time. the guy (JIM) who owns the bar is a great guy and is willing to ablige us in any way he can THANK YOU VERY MUCH DENNIS ! keep the ideas commin, after all this is OUR party.

Old 02-06-2011 | 04:47 PM
GONZEE
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Any Days Inn or La Quintas nearby? Both owe me a few free nights.
unfortunatly not but a good hotel 2 miles away.maybe $70 a night i have no clue.

Old 02-06-2011 | 04:51 PM
GONZEE
|
Outstanding HDF Member

I appreciate that!!!! June is just a bad time of year work wise, Nellie and I usually get that way every August, just havent done it on the bikes. We are talkin about ridin there this summer, so if we do we will give ya heads up and mebbe we could ride together for a day or so, we have a place about 15 miles out of Spooner!
im not to far from spooner i am an hour from Rice lake, grandma lived in Spooner for many years. you are welcome here any time your in the area.

Quick Reply: Hdf members get together