Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will you let your friend borrow your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 05:06 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will you let your friend borrow your bike?

One of the questions from my friend that I really want to know. Please HONESTLY tell me whether you will let your friend borrow your bike for a day, or a few hours.

Why, or why not? What is the unwritten rule?

Remember that your friend may get upset with you, and you may loose a friend.

To me, my bike is my "girl-friend", and my best companion.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:09 PM
djaudette
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one borrows the bike!! Well almost no one. Have one or two buddies I ride with all the time who I would let use it if they needed too. " You wreck it, you buy it!!!"

Old 12-18-2010, 05:10 PM
zimman20
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One friend of mine would get the okay...the rest - NO! I suspect that friend would do the same for me.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Last time I let a friend (who was a VERY experienced rider) take mine for a ride, he was killed by a bitch that pulled out in front of him. I ended up with a wrecked bike & a dead friend...I got the bike fixed & rode up north a year or two later, where I promptly got into a fight with a lady I know who wanted to take my bike for a ride. She kept saying nothing would happen. I told her Steve didn't think anything would happen either...

Do what makes you comfortable but, remember, it's not always the riders fault when something goes horribly wrong.

That said, I used to ride my friends' & let them ride mine. No more. If it pisses them off that I want to keep them AND my ride in one piece, too bad.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a couple of buddies that could use the bike any time they wish. It's know that if ya bust it, ya bought it.
It's a friggin motorcycle for Pete's sake.....

Beav

Old 12-18-2010, 05:20 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by djaudette
No one borrows the bike!! Well almost no one. Have one or two buddies I ride with all the time who I would let use it if they needed too. " You wreck it, you buy it!!!"
Thanks for the response.
What do you think if one of your good friends, who may cause an internal damage to the gear, clutch, braking/clutch cable, and many more things, and you have to deal with it after getting your bike back, and discover the damage a week later.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:22 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
Last time I let a friend (who was a VERY experienced rider) take mine for a ride, he was killed by a bitch that pulled out in front of him. I ended up with a wrecked bike & a dead friend...I got the bike fixed & rode up north a year or two later, where I promptly got into a fight with a lady I know who wanted to take my bike for a ride. She kept saying nothing would happen. I told her Steve didn't think anything would happen either...

Do what makes you comfortable but, remember, it's not always the riders fault when something goes horribly wrong.

That said, I used to ride my friends' & let them ride mine. No more. If it pisses them off that I want to keep them AND my ride in one piece, too bad.
I am with you!
Sorry for your friend.
Ride Safe!

wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no one except my son, if you loose a friend because he says no than he is not really a friend, i would never ask anybody for use of motorcycle or trk or car period

rmarino14
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few of my friends can take my bike. They let me ride theirs so why not share. It's just a bike if something happened to it I can get another one but good friends are hard to find.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:24 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rmarino14
A few of my friends can take my bike. They let me ride theirs so why not share. It's just a bike if something happened to it I can get another one but good friends are hard to find.
Just wonder! If it is just a bike, then why only for good friends, but not all friends.

Quick Reply: Will you let your friend borrow your bike?