General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Rant

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:55 AM
taz ride
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Dealer Rant

Yesterday the wife and I stopped by Seaford HD in Delaware to do some shopping and looking around. We were greeted by a salesperson upon entry, wife expressed her liking about a two tone ultra glide on display. The salesperson had no comment and walked off. Went to the parts department and bought a few items. After the items were paid for I ask the salesman for a new parts catalog and was told that they are $6.00 each. I have gotten a new catalog every year and never have paid anything for it. What the flock is going on in Harley Land that now they charge for a catalog to order their parts from? This is my last time going to this dealer. Now I see why they closed their Ocean City,Maryland store. Their atitude sucks. I guess it is time to shop for another dealer that rewards the people that keep them open. In this economy every dollar counts but they will never see me again. Rant over. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:00 AM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

That is sad, the dealer will end up closing and people will loose their jobs do to poor business dealings. There are plenty of dealers out there that will gladly sell you a bike/take your money for parts. I too have never paid for a catalog, hope my dealer dont try that sh.., I am a man of few words, so they will hear about it.
Peace

Old 12-15-2010, 08:01 AM
FLSpringerSE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All the complaining in the world will not change general dealership attitude...unfortunately I think there are more "bad" ones than good. To make the issue worse I think hard economic times make bad dealers worse...anyway back to the topic FREE CATALOG:

You can order it right to your door for FREE on the HD website:

https://www.harley-davidson.com/en_U...log-offer.html

Old 12-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

You should pass your comments along to the store's manager.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:18 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

FLSpringerSE, thanks for the link!

Old 12-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,296 Likes on 1,586 Posts

The catalogs have been $6.00 for a while. But most dealers give them away free with a purchase. It's not unusual out there in the retail world. Places like Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's have done the same thing for years.

As for the salesman, he won't be there long enough to get worked up over.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:23 AM
FLHP1034ME
Tourer

When I wrote the check for my scoot, got into a little frackas over a "free t-shirt". A long story...but as the rube behind the sales counter said...."its a business"...no **** sherlock. That is why they don't get my business. There is nothing at my local dealer I can't find elsewhere or get shipped in. When I can, I make a point of stopping into the dealership 200 miles away and spending a few bucks. Its a business.....and I am not paying for that catalog.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:35 AM
taz ride
Road Master

Originally Posted by FLSpringerSE
All the complaining in the world will not change general dealership attitude...unfortunately I think there are more "bad" ones than good. To make the issue worse I think hard economic times make bad dealers worse...anyway back to the topic FREE CATALOG:

You can order it right to your door for FREE on the HD website:

https://www.harley-davidson.com/en_U...log-offer.html
Hay thanks for the link. I just ordered my wish book. I hate spending money when it not needed to recieve something free. Thanks Again, Larry

Old 12-15-2010, 08:39 AM
cotnballs
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right, you can have get a catalog sent to you for FREE on the HD web site! $6 for awhile my a$$

Old 12-15-2010, 08:43 AM
veegee
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
You should pass your comments along to the store's manager.

Quick Reply: Dealer Rant