Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "Other's" really do like to piss on HD's...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:14 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,106 Likes on 1,784 Posts

Originally Posted by SportsterPapa
If you are like me you don't "Run Down" what the other person is riding. That is their business 1st of all; and 2ndly it is commonly a combination of timing, finances, location, etc. that brought them to their 'ride'...
Originally Posted by Cowpokey
Too each their own, as long as they get out and enjoy it let 'em be. Not everyone shares the same interest. Sounds like some of them are still living in the past when Harleys did leak oil all the time, and they just don't realize times change.
That's the way I look at it...I got what I like, was avail at the time, and fit my budget at the time. I assume the same for others...no matter what they got. I don't care if someone else is on a metric, heck...I like lots of them. I ride with a longtime buddy of mine that recently got into riding, and he's on a Yamaha YZF 600. (I just make sure I ride in front of him...'cuz his exhaust smells like rotten eggs big time).

It's the companionship of the person on the seat that matters to me, not the fabricated object beneath them.

The OP sounds like he just ran against a tight group, most likely used to their ultra quiet rides...I supposed I can see how a thumpin' V-twin broke their usual silence.

Last edited by YeOldeStonecat; 12-14-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:21 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
I'd have responded with something like " Seriously dude? You're riding a f****** scooter!"

Old 12-14-2010, 07:22 AM
SportsterPapa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed! When they took off the "Quiet" was Deafening!

Old 12-14-2010, 07:41 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

for crying out loud they were just funning with you. I know a lot of guys that do just that and they are just trying to make conversation. I love my Harleys but I also have ridden with other harleys riders that I could not stand being behind because they were so loud.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:47 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Harley's still do leak oil, and parts still do fall off. It's part of the character of the bike.

example:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-fell-off.html

Last edited by schumacher; 12-14-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SportsterPapa
That said the guys that aren't on Harley's can have a real "Mob" mentality.
right, because harley riders would NEVER band together and ostracize other people for riding non-harley motorcycles/scooters....

where's the "irony" emoticon?

Old 12-14-2010, 07:55 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by osirisdean
right, because harley riders would NEVER band together and ostracize other people for riding non-harley motorcycles/scooters....

where's the "irony" emoticon?

That would never happen in this forum or out in the real world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y55wvdcCJfk

Last edited by schumacher; 12-14-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:57 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

I've only been riding for two years now but there is one thing I have learned: Non Harley riders don't get it...they never will, and that is OK. Ride with them if it pleases you but don't get upset with the jabs you will get.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
I'd have responded with something like " Seriously dude? You're riding a f****** scooter!"
Christ, I just spit coffee all over my computer....

Old 12-14-2010, 08:11 AM
C O L E M A N F U
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never been to SH but know of if it and will make it over one aftenoon. I was told it was a fun hang? It it's anyting like Iron Horse (my local pub) I bet there was a collective goof when all those scooters pulled in. Haters in every group and some of us Harley guys are just as bad. I know plenty of HD only type of guys.

Me - I'm all over the place coud give a crap - KTM, Yammy x2 as well as the HD. I just like my knees in the breez.

Got a great responce from 2 guys when I had my LC4 640 up at IH - dude said to his buddie "I hate that" when I parked my giant dirtbike right in the front. But then someone who know me asked " Where's the Fatboy?" and they kind of smiled knowing they judged too quick. Judge yest you be judged.

And feel free to start giving all the scooter riders the bird when you pass em on the road. But pretend that your waving 1st to get their attention.

Quick Reply: The "Other's" really do like to piss on HD's...