Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Go Pro hero Camera

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:05 AM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Is the sound good? I don't have speakers right now and can't hear the youtube videos.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LebanonRider
CANNON! They have one of the best customer service reputations and it's well deserved. I had problems with a $300 camera. They had me send it in (got the paperwork over the internet) and had it back to me in about eight days. No Charge! BTW, the camera was out of warranty because it sat in the box for a couple of years after it was purchased before anyone tried to use it.
I have bad news for you. They sent you a whole unit replacement. They didn't repair your camera and send it back to you. There's a difference.

The other guy was mad because they wanted to do a unit replacement vs a repair of his. So your argument just proves my point. Nobody does repair anymore.

Hell, even when they "repair" a unit and sell it refurbished, all they're doing is a board swap and re-selling it. They don't repair the parts anymore. They pull them and throw them away.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:38 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Good Time Gang
any more info on the drift? i am kind of interested, however i do not like the idea of a fisheye effect....where did you find this?
I found that info on their web site.

http://driftinnovation.com/hd170-stealth-camera/

Look at the 7th bullet point down in the FAQ.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:40 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDdeluxeGAL
I love mine. I don't do a lot of video though but will probably start now that they finally released the Backpak viewer. I need to see that the camera is capturing what I intend. It was worth the extra money to me to have the viewer.

I used it in the black Hills last year and set it to take pics every 2 seconds (default). I ran up Iron Mountain on one 32GB card and back down Needles on another card. A 32GB card will hold over 1000 pictures in HD. It made the tunnels look really cool.

I use it in the house for room shots because of the ultra wide angle. It's a fun toy.
Rather than getting the BackPac viewer, I got the BackPac battery. The extra 2.5 hours of battery life is what I was after. Now I can fill up a 32GB card in "one shot" rather than having to recharge my battery. Now my only problem is that sometimes i want multiple angles of the same shots so I can cut-scene between them......hehehe

Old 04-13-2011, 09:59 AM
ChetB
Road Master
Received 561 Likes on 288 Posts

I don't care if they repair or replace.... I just wish I could have gotten some sort of satisfaction from them.I would have been happy to pay them for it.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:39 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChetB
I don't care if they repair or replace.... I just wish I could have gotten some sort of satisfaction from them.I would have been happy to pay them for it.
Being a discontinued model, they might not have anything to replace it with short of you buying one of the new HD models.

I agree that if that were the case they should have informed you though.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 148 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
Does anybody have any experience with the Go Pro Here cameras (1080P version)?

I'm interested in hearing users' impressions and even comparisons between this and other mobile 1080P video cameras out there. Thanks.
I got one for Christmas but haven't used it yet. Can't figure out how to mount it on an Ultra. I am looking forward to getting it up and running for riding season though.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:56 PM
kpb46
Road Master

Originally Posted by ftanner
A bike, or a car for that matter, is ALOT different than a small inexpensive consumer camera.

Name the last consumer audio or video device that you were actually able to send back to the manufacturer for repair versus replacement.
I had a Kodak digital camera that was several years old (way out of warranty). The battery door latch/lock broke. I called them to see if they could repair it (my dime). They said just send it to them with a note saying what was wrong. I did and about a month later I got it back, all fixed. No charge oh ya this was my old camera NOT A REPLACEMENT

Last edited by kpb46; 05-08-2011 at 09:08 PM.