General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Go Pro hero Camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:08 PM
bamarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ACDavis
Nice video! Very smooth. On some videos, I get sick watching them. What kind of editing software do you use to put music in the background rather than the audio from the camera?
Do a search for Wondershare DVD software. It has a trail version to see if you like it. It was so easy for me to use and took no time at all editing it.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 AM
ChetB
Road Master
Received 561 Likes on 288 Posts

I recently purchased a GoPro standard res camera online after seeing all the videos and reading the glowing reviews.. It was not "too good to be true" price,but Imanaged to save a few bucks....or so I thought. The bottom line is the camera was not the one it was supposed to be, it dosent work properly, and of course, I can't contact the seller, he wont answer my e-mails. The kicker is, while I'm willing to pay to have it repaired, GoPro says they do not offer any repair service!! The will repair or replace a camera under warranty. but if it craps out after that I guess they figure you can just afford to go out and drop another 300 bucks on a new one. Looks like I'm S.O.L.Not a very good business model. Just a word to the wise.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:40 AM
sullyboo
Cruiser

CetB Who did you buy it from?

Old 04-12-2011, 05:47 AM
ChetB
Road Master

I bought it from someone in Michigan who isn't a biker, as a matter of fact, the only bike this guy has, is a mountain bike.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:05 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Folks, I for one recommend you also look at the Drift 170 HD camera. Has features not found on GoPro. I have the Stealth version in 1080i. Love the camera!

Old 04-12-2011, 09:43 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChetB
I recently purchased a GoPro standard res camera online after seeing all the videos and reading the glowing reviews.. It was not "too good to be true" price,but Imanaged to save a few bucks....or so I thought. The bottom line is the camera was not the one it was supposed to be, it dosent work properly, and of course, I can't contact the seller, he wont answer my e-mails. The kicker is, while I'm willing to pay to have it repaired, GoPro says they do not offer any repair service!! The will repair or replace a camera under warranty. but if it craps out after that I guess they figure you can just afford to go out and drop another 300 bucks on a new one. Looks like I'm S.O.L.Not a very good business model. Just a word to the wise.
So let me get this straight.... You purchased a second-hand previous generation camera from someone and you expect the original manufacturer to keep repair parts on hand? When was the last time that you took your digital camera back to the manufacturer to be repaired? You didn't. Because they offer whole unit replacement under warranty only, not repair service.

For $300 you can get one of the brand new 1080p HD ones from the manufacturer, plus mounts.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:44 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hoethree
Folks, I for one recommend you also look at the Drift 170 HD camera. Has features not found on GoPro. I have the Stealth version in 1080i. Love the camera!
The GoPro is 1080p, which is a better picture quality.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:51 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Ftanner, the Drift is 1080p. The Drift also has a LCD screen for replay. You can also set the fps at 30 or 60 and also allows for 4X zoom. Here are some other features:

The Drift HD170 is the worlds first sports action camera which films in full HD and has a playback screen and remote control. This rugged water resistant camera is the first camera that gives people what they want from an Action Camera:
  • Full HD for creating crystal clear footage
  • A playback screen for lining up shots and the ability to play back the footage right away
  • A remote control to enable you to film what you want to record, not the boring stuff in between
  • Easy to use mounts so you can use it whenever you want and mount it anywhere your imagination allows you. The shape of the camera and the mounts it comes with make it the easiest camera out there to use
If that isn′t enough the camera also has the following :
  • A rotating lens so you can mount the camera at any angle and any position to get that shot you are looking for
  • It can take photos, put it in the photo burst mode and you can take pictures every few seconds for as long as your memory card lasts. If you don′t get a decent photo then you need to do something else or give the camera to someone else who can really use it
  • You can pair the remote control to your camera, chances are your mates will have the same camera, no turning off their camera just before they hit the tree
  • A zoom function so you can get even closer to the action or your friend in front
  • An external microphone so no more listening to wind noise, great for in-car filming
  • Night mode so you can record in darker and duskier conditions

Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
ChetB
Road Master

Originally Posted by ftanner
So let me get this straight.... You purchased a second-hand previous generation camera from someone and you expect the original manufacturer to keep repair parts on hand? When was the last time that you took your digital camera back to the manufacturer to be repaired? You didn't. Because they offer whole unit replacement under warranty only, not repair service.

For $300 you can get one of the brand new 1080p HD ones from the manufacturer, plus mounts.
So, when you take your bike back to the dealer and it's a year or two old,they tell you tough ****, are you gonna go blow 15-20K on a new one?? The same goes for your car.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 AM
ChetB
Road Master

Also if the camera is just over a year old, and out of warranty, they apparently can't do anything about that either.Not a way to run a business as far as I'm concerned.

Quick Reply: Go Pro hero Camera