Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Go Pro hero Camera

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by NickD
Yeah, don't know about WMM Live but maybe it has the right codecs so it will import GoPro files, but I know for a fact the program that comes bundled with Windows won't.

Yes thats true, i have windows movie maker on my laptop and it didn't work. I uploaded Windows Live Movie Maker to my disk top and it works great. The two videos i posted on here were edit with Windows Live Movie Maker. You can also upload to YouTube from Windows Live Movie Maker. Damn i'm getting tired of typing those 4 words. LOL

Old 12-13-2010, 12:37 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the regular GoPro Hero Wide (NON HD Version). Given the part of the riding season I got it in, I have only used it once.....found a place to put the mount on the bike, tossed the camera on it, and off I went.

It COULD be more user friendly, however you will eventually figure out the menu and how it works.

As far as Windows Movie Maker......I don't know about that, but I DO know that Windows LIVE movie maker (the new version) will read the Go Pro standard Codec.

Below is a quick vid I did the day I got the camera. Learned two things quickly....remember the turn the high frequency audio off, AND make sure that the camera mount case is fully closed. The two of those together make for ALOT of wind noise.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jbernick.../0/7ZLw2VNJm8Y

Old 12-13-2010, 12:46 AM
ThunderBueller
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and really like it. I mostly like it for the timed still photos it can take. I used some RAM mounts and mounted it where the crash bar would mount to the frame on my Night Train.

I'm using Pinnacle Studio 12 to edit the video and it works great with no converting of files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJzKlRFWALU

Old 12-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by CSI
I have the regular GoPro Hero Wide (NON HD Version). Given the part of the riding season I got it in, I have only used it once.....found a place to put the mount on the bike, tossed the camera on it, and off I went.

It COULD be more user friendly, however you will eventually figure out the menu and how it works.

As far as Windows Movie Maker......I don't know about that, but I DO know that Windows LIVE movie maker (the new version) will read the Go Pro standard Codec.

Below is a quick vid I did the day I got the camera. Learned two things quickly....remember the turn the high frequency audio off, AND make sure that the camera mount case is fully closed. The two of those together make for ALOT of wind noise.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jbernick.../0/7ZLw2VNJm8Y
You won't get that with the HD model.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:30 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

watching these vids is talking me into getting one.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:58 PM
ChopinRockwooD
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They now have a double case that you can put two HD go-pro's in and record everything in 3-D. I havnt seen any video yet on the 3-D Tv but if it looks as good as the movies on the Tv then that would almost be worth the extra $$$ to get.
The batteries dont last too long either on these so I hard wired it to my Aux. switch and run it off my bike battery. I can record now until I fill up the memory card.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:16 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by Curt1953
my computer refuses to install it. I've tried from 3 different sites

Old 12-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member

Go ahead and drop the hammer on one Schu you won't regret it. Just besure to download Wiindows Live Movie Maker. This is the setup i have and the case that comes with it is well made. This ebayer ships fast, i had mind in less than 3 days, don't know about this time of year though. The chest harness comes with it's own little carry bag. By the way the last time i used my GoPro HD i still had half battery life left after about 3 hours of use.
http://cgi.ebay.com/GoPro-Go-Pro-HD-...item336364f36b

http://cgi.ebay.com/GoPro-Go-Pro-Vid...item5ade00d873

Old 12-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
my computer refuses to install it. I've tried from 3 different sites

I'm not forsure but I think Windows Live Movie Maker is for internet explorer 8. Your computer may be too old?

Old 12-13-2010, 04:28 PM
schumacher
Club Member

just found my answer. windows live movie maker will not work with XP

http://explore.live.com/windows-live...m-requirements

"Windows Live Movie Maker and the slide show feature of Windows Live Photo Gallery aren't supported on Windows XP"

Quick Reply: Go Pro hero Camera