General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of going with SERT

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:52 AM
Rambler
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of going with SERT

Put high flow air cleaner, Rush slip-ons and SERT on my bike. Used a canned MAP runs great and dropped the operating temp by approx. 25 degrees

Old 09-27-2006, 04:11 AM
girlierider
Advanced

Dumb question here..... What is a SERT, DFO and Map? I have a 07 bike, no carb, just trying to learn something before I get A$$ raped at the dealer.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:33 AM
bh73
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Rambler

Put high flow air cleaner, Rush slip-ons and SERT on my bike. Used a canned MAP runs great and dropped the operating temp by approx. 25 degrees
What map did you use for the rush pipes?

Old 09-27-2006, 03:13 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Dynajet maker of Power Commander doesn't advertise in American Iron.

ORIGINAL: Firefox

Ok NO it can't void your warrenty
Buy it have it installed by a dealer with a good dyno tech and don't look back you won't regret it.
Sure American Iron backs the Power Commander. How much advertising do they do in American Iron? Think about it.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:14 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bh73

I have a couple of SERT questions for you guy's.

1. Does installing the sert void your factory warranty?

2. Is it easy to adjust the maps for pipes other than screaming eagle?
No it doesn't void your warranty and the SERT is not installed like a PCIII is. The SERT is only the interface between the computer which is usually a laptop and your bikes ECM (Computer) and used to program the ECM and is then removed until you to need to use it to adjust or tweek something again, or if you change something out that requires a re-program of the ECM. Once you use it on your bike, that is the only ECM that it can be used with after that. There are many threads pertaining to the SERT so just type in SERT in the search box.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Rambler
Tourer

I believe it was #67. It's the only canned map for the 07 with high flow and race pipes

Old 09-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Crusing
Road Captain

No it doesn't void your warranty and the SERT is not installed like a PCIII is. The SERT is only the interface between the computer which is usually a laptop and your bikes ECM (Computer) and used to program the ECM and is then removed until you to need to use it to adjust or tweek something again, or if you change something out that requires a re-program of the ECM. Once you use it on your bike, that is the only ECM that it can be used with after that.
True, it is only an interface and software for adjusting the onboard computer. My dealer has used my SERT twice, once for my Stage I and once for my Stage II when they did a complete dyno tune. I specifically as the dealer for each modification if it would have any affect on my warranty and was told no.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:28 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer wanted 7 hours of dyno time to add a SERT to my 06 UC. The cost was over the top. I bought the PCIII. Found a Dynojet certifed tune and paid $150 for 2 hours of dyno time. Runs much cooler, smoother, stronger and added 8-10 hp. I disabled the accelerator pump option. Used to much fuel and I don't race around on my Ultra. Believe me it is racey enough as it is. I was really impressed in the improvement of this bikes performance.

When I bought my 06 I though I had made the biggest mistake of my life. I am in Florida and the heat comming off this bike would burn you at a light. It ran rough up to 2,000 RPM. Sounded like shxt ideling thru the neighborhood. Coughed when you took off nearly throwing you to the ground. HD dealers said all was normal the 5 times I took it back to them. Bought the PCIII , got it dynotuned - really like this bike now.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:12 PM
GrayRider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: girlierider

Dumb question here..... What is a SERT, DFO and Map? I have a 07 bike, no carb, just trying to learn something before I get A$$ raped at the dealer.
SERT stands for Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner,. DFO,..Digital Fuel Optimizer a map is the computer program that manages fuel, air and timing. A SERT, DFO, Power Commander, TFI etc. are devices that permit you to change/alter certain variables of the map. A DFO allows you to add fuel while a SERT allows you to reprogram the bikes computer in order to optimize performance.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:04 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

The dealer that installed the SERT on my bike said it will not void the warranty and I have no complaints with it on the bike.

Quick Reply: Thinking of going with SERT