General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying private party with Eaglemark? Experiences.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 12:39 PM
WearyOne
Cruiser
Received 171 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Buying private party with Eaglemark? Experiences.

Has anybody on the board used the Harley Davidson financing to buy a used bike private party. I have been looking for a used Road King Classic and while there are a few locally they are not the right color or they don't have ABS.

I have found one in Nevada that is exactly what I want but its private party.

I got approval for something like 32K new and 24K used at the dealer through, and on the HD website they say they do private translations.

EagleMark gave me a decent rate and I can do a 24 month loan with 20% down but don't know the exact details and don't want to ask the dealer outright as I don't really trust them as they want to sell new and used bikes

The rate they gave me is about 2% higher then my credit union but my bank does not do out of state motorcycle purchases.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:42 PM
bigalv63
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact the company Eaglemark and deal with them directly...leave the dealer out of it...Tomorrow is Monday...should have an answer no later than tomorrow as to what they do and how they handle the paperwork..IMO

Old 12-12-2010, 12:51 PM
WearyOne
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bigalv63
Contact the company Eaglemark and deal with them directly...leave the dealer out of it...Tomorrow is Monday...should have an answer no later than tomorrow as to what they do and how they handle the paperwork..IMO
Actually that is the first thing I did but you have to have a dealership location number to get through to anybody.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:34 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

than go to a bank locally your credit union isen`t only player, after you get it home and reg in your name ect than you can always refi, thru your credit union, even if you go thru a high interest 2nd tear finance co. after you get him home, again just refi because it will have a title from your state after about a month

Old 12-12-2010, 01:53 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would look into other options before Eaglemark, but If you really want to use them, then you will need to go to the finance department at the dealer and have them do the transaction. They will charge you though. I hear its around $300 for this service. Some here have done it

Old 12-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Daddy-O
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealers in my area are charging $500 for a dealer assist. They don't do much to earn it but handle the DMV paperwork and work out the financing. They do an inspection of the bike, some are more thorough than others. They may offer to sell you an extended warranty if the bike isn't too old. I don't think it is really worth it unless you need HD financing. I used it only because I was buying with cash a bike that was financed through HD and it was the only way to get a clean title transfer at the time of payment.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:43 PM
bigalv63
Tourer

I am back again,,,In my case I live in Arizona and buying a new Harley in Colorado....My Credit Union approved me for a loan at 5.1% I think it was..anyway...when the bike came in ...I had to give the Credit Union the vin number and the dealer addr..etc...they told me they would take it from there....and would call me when the deal is done and I would only have to go to Colorado to pick up the Road King....Of course when I get back I have to go to Arizona DMV and get the vehicle registered and pay the AZ road tax and license fees....really made it easy for me ...I went for it anyway....

Old 12-12-2010, 06:42 PM
WearyOne
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Daddy-O
Dealers in my area are charging $500 for a dealer assist. They don't do much to earn it but handle the DMV paperwork and work out the financing. They do an inspection of the bike, some are more thorough than others. They may offer to sell you an extended warranty if the bike isn't too old. I don't think it is really worth it unless you need HD financing. I used it only because I was buying with cash a bike that was financed through HD and it was the only way to get a clean title transfer at the time of payment.
What I want is to get the bike back under a warranty if at all possible, Eaglemark will do that for a bike purchased through the dealership and I have heard rumblings that they will do it for a PP financed bike.

Then I can refi with my credit union once its in the state and save the 2% rate.

guess the other idea is to find a dealership out of state that has the bike that I want

Old 12-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You'll have to go through a dealership, you can't go through HDFS/Eaglemark directly.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Harleybass
Road Captain
Default Eaglemark

Sounds like you have it worked out. Do the deal thru Eaglemark, take advantage of a warranty, then in a couple of months, refi using your CU.

It may add a little extra expense, and some extra steps, but, I think being able to get a Harley Warranty will be worth it. Piece of mind is worth a Hell of Alot. When you by used you never know what your getting.

I bought an 07 Eaglemark repo that was still in warranty, had it not had the warranty, I would have passed on the deal.

Quick Reply: Buying private party with Eaglemark? Experiences.