General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no mso on my frame

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 11:30 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to the Texas DMV ask someone there. I was once told that the title that comes with the engine is the title you want to use...I am not the expert on this. I am ringing in that some say you need the title on the frame. In other words, go to the DMV and find out.

To help you out; ask about obtaining a special construction title. I BELIEVE for that you will have to have both manufactures statements of origin for the frame and engine. As you know from your first post, you do not have the MSO for the frame. There still should be a VIN stamped on the frame. You know the manufactures company name make contact to get another or if in fact there is a VIN have the Sheriff's Office run the VIN on the frame, not stolen you should be good to go.

But again..I'd ask someone at the DMV or better yet an Indy shop....

Old 12-11-2010, 11:31 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jonbyrd73
i recently got a frame and it has no mso,it has never been registered,its an ultima frame,how do i go about getting it legal,i heard there was a way but i dont know how,please help lol
Is there a S/N number ANYWHERE on the frame?

Old 12-11-2010, 11:33 PM
jonbyrd73
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx for the info,we are really good friends and he would never lie to me about it,his aunt looked for the papers and couldnt find them,the frame is nice id hate to see it go to waste

Old 12-11-2010, 11:35 PM
jonbyrd73
Novice

yes the vin is there,i am 100% sure theres no funny buisness about it,not everyone is a thief guys but i understand where your commin from,i reall appreciate the feedback,merry christmas everyone

Old 12-11-2010, 11:46 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes the vin is there,i am 100% sure theres no funny buisness about it,not everyone is a thief guys but i understand where your commin from,i reall appreciate the feedback,merry christmas everyone
Not too long ago the H-D factory frames had no S/N's...The bikes were titled by engine S/N...You might be in a bit of a snare without the MSO unless you can find where the frame S/N was last registered and get enough to go from there!!!

Old 12-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Keale
4th Gear

Just take the bare frame to DMV and you should be able to get an assigned VIN number. In California, which has the most oppressive laws in the union that's how it's done. Texas is probably much easier than here.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:57 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah well no one said he or she was a thief. YOU need to have it inspected if you do not have the MSO. Therefore that means you need to have an indepentdent person with access to the National Crime Information Center to verify that the frame was or is not reported as stolen. Even if you had access to the database.

No one is pointing a finger at you or your friend; there is a reason you have to have it checked and why people here made those comments....it has happened. Not so much for mr. perfect with his perfect life, in his perfect world....with that perfection he never loses anything. EVER. But everyone, cheer up. He just jinxed himself, like the commentators when a kicker, making the game winning kick from 15 yrds, on a 20 game two season no miss record...you all know the comment..."He never misses from this distance. Yeah John, he has not missed since October of last year against the Giants. Look at that 16 for 16 from 20-30."

Go to a local independent motorcycle shop with experience in building custom motorcycles. They might have the best answers, if not the action needed as they might have been down the road you are on, proverbially speaking.

Now, Mr. Perfect please let us know when you lose your keys, wallet, or glasses, inportant paperwork, or just plain forget where you parked your car. We all here would love to see you eat a HUGH piece of humble pie...and for the record you parked in the red monkey section outside of the main doors at Sears.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:02 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,075 Likes on 17,940 Posts

Contact these guys and give them the all your info , pretty sure they will make it right for you .

http://www.ultimaproducts.com/

Stay away from any state DMV till you do those people know less than nothing and will send you to the Highway Patrol and they take things away from people without paper work , huge can of worms .

Old 12-12-2010, 12:25 AM
jonbyrd73
Novice

thanx again for the feedback