General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourmaster Gloves - cold thumbs

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010 | 12:36 PM
obonaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by cdestuck
Cant think why people just dont go for the Gerbing gear. Have had a lot of use with them and cant be beat. Grea customer service also. Did have an end on my controller go bad and called them. No problem...sent it back and they took care of it.

Agreed! Buy your last pair of heated gloves first!

I did buy a pair of non-heated gloves that did not work too good. I now use them as regular non-riding gloves and bought a pair of Gerbings. I'm hopefully set for a long time. I did not want to be one of those people that spend $500 on various different pairs of gloves, only to buy a pair of Gerbings in the end.

Old 12-13-2010 | 06:43 PM
CSP067
|
Tourer

Well the response from Tourmaster went like this:
These gloves only have heating elements that extend out to the knuckles, all of the finger tips are not heated. I can issue you a return authorization number. You can send your item to us for a warranty inspection. If deemed a warranty issue we will repair or replace the item for you. The usual turn around time is about 7-10 business days upon us receiving it. If you would like to go ahead with this please fill out the attached form and either fax or email it back to us.
Thank you,
Tour Master Customer Service
Of course that leaves me without heated gloves, and even though I have a problem with them, they're far better than nothing.

Reason I didn't buy Gerbing's originally, I did some online research and didn't see any complaints. The Tourmaster gloves came with the controller, while Gerbings charged extra for it.

Oh well, live and learn.

Old 12-13-2010 | 09:21 PM
obonaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by CSP067
Well the response from Tourmaster went like this:

Of course that leaves me without heated gloves, and even though I have a problem with them, they're far better than nothing.

Reason I didn't buy Gerbing's originally, I did some online research and didn't see any complaints. The Tourmaster gloves came with the controller, while Gerbings charged extra for it.

Oh well, live and learn.

Finger tips not heated? Not good for me. That's the coldest part of my hands. At least they seem to be a stand up company and will check things out.

Old 12-14-2010 | 08:08 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master

I also originally bought the Tourmaster heated gear (jacket liner and gloves) because it comes with the controller. I still have it and am still happy with it. However I live in South Georgia and only need it for 2 or maybe 3 months out of the year, and even then not on every ride.
You guys that live up North...man, I'd have heated everything.