General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Travel Channel has Sturgis 2010

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 08:33 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Travel Channel has Sturgis 2010

The Travel Channel has a couple good programs on the Sturgis Rally.There's even a warning about "partial nudity"

Old 12-10-2010, 08:37 AM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, seen both of them last night....entertaining.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:48 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Saw one of the programs last night. Once again the media is showing one side of the rally only. The drama of the after hrs. foolishness. I wish just once the media would show the beautiful scenery and riding terrain that exists in the area, perhaps a few stops along the routes most commonly enjoyed by the "responsible" riders who aren't featured on programs such as this and "Full Throttle Sallon". **** like that just makes those who don't have an idea of what the area truly is formulate a negative opinion of the whole rally. Not all riders get tanked every evening and participate in this behavior and the public should be informed as such.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:52 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by teedubya
Saw one of the programs last night. Once again the media is showing one side of the rally only. The drama of the after hrs. foolishness. I wish just once the media would show the beautiful scenery and riding terrain that exists in the area, perhaps a few stops along the routes most commonly enjoyed by the "responsible" riders who aren't featured on programs such as this and "Full Throttle Sallon". **** like that just makes those who don't have an idea of what the area truly is formulate a negative opinion of the whole rally. Not all riders get tanked every evening and participate in this behavior and the public should be informed as such.
You must have only seen the LEO show. The one that was on before that was the other side of the coin.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:56 AM
teedubya
Road Master

Craig, I believe that is the one I saw. It seemed to feature the duties of the LEO's policeing the downtown area. Happened to turn it on when I got home from work. Was there a more positive program broadcasted?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:04 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They had 2 shows on back to back. The first one talked about the rides and the buffalo chip and bike builders, tattoo's...etc Lots of good things about the area. The second show was the police one and that seemed to show more of the bad side. In the first show they spent about 15 minutes on the burnouts. I don't get the excitement about smoking your tire until it blows. They even had one guy who had to wear a breathing mask while doing his burnout because of all the smoke. Anyone like doing the burnouts?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:08 AM
teedubya
Road Master

Piston, never could understand the pleasure of roasting a rear tire and plastering the bike with molten tire just to hear the crowd roar with approval or laughter as you tortured your ride.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain

Yeah, I caught those shows last night as well. I agree about the burnout thing. I wouldn't do it, but I don't mind watching someone else do it. That first guy was so excited to do it then he kind of half-assed it. He had me laughing. The guy at Woody's was the one making money changing rear tires.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Blargh
Road Captain

all i can say is... "cherokee" shoulda' won!

Old 12-10-2010, 09:41 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Woody is the smart one. It looked like he was putting used tires on the bikes before the burnout, and then putting the good tire back on afterwards.
I agree about the negative press. That's why my wife doesn't want to go. She thinks its all about the foolishness.

Quick Reply: Travel Channel has Sturgis 2010