General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Hiram
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Opinions??

The Guy came back! His response was "Sounds great, my address is xxx, I look forward to hearing from you.

Still no phone # and no location on the bike which supposedly is in NY. His address is in Florida although his first e-mails did say he had just relocated and he would have to travel to show the bike.

Still suspicious.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Hiram
Road Captain

Thought you might want to see what we're talking about.This is a pic he posted in the ad

[IMG]local://upfiles/13861/37EEB07ABE954DAF98B39BEF493D8B60.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Phonedoc
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll never get the phone number or bike location. He'll stick with the original plan of shipping the bike to you with a four day return window. He'll never be availble to show the bike to anyone. Once you stick the "deposit" in escrow, he's gone like the wind.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Wayward Son
Road Master

If I were you, I would pay somebody (say $50) that has offered there help here on the forum to check it out in person. What's your time worth? The only way I would do this deal is to see the trike (and the title) in person or via trusted agent. Never do business sight unseen. As previously posted in this thread, fake escrow sites are easily done.

Don't Risk It

Old 09-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Hiram
Road Captain

If this goes any further, I am retaining a company that does long distance vehicle purchases. He had nothing to do with the selection. This company specializes in classic and exoctic cars, but they can also handle motorcycles. Their first step will be to send Automobile Inspections LLC around to inspect the vehicle. They have already told me that 85% of the vehicles they are hired to transact are not as they were represented. Not that they were scams, just the vehicle was not in as good condition or something. Most of these transactions do go thru.

The only place I will send any money is to the inspection company, $125.00. I won't even engage the inspection company until I receive the rest of the info from the seller. If and when I receive the report back from the inspector, then I will send the purchase money to MY agent to make the purchase and take possession of the vehicle and title on the spot. My agent will then arrange shipping to CO

I still think this is a scam. I don't think this guy will ever pony up with all the info I have asked for, and if he does, there will always be a reason that it cannot be inspected, and on, and on, and on.

So far the only thing I am out is a couple e-mails.

BTW, THANK YOU to the guys who offered to go check this thing out. I still don't know where it's at.

I'm going to continue to have some fun with this guy. Do you suppose I can get him to send me some money to show he's in ernest.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Hiram
Road Captain

Heard back from this guy again. After the last e-mail telling him that I would not continue the transaction w/o all the info I requested, he responded that the bike had been sold. As I suspected, SCAM. I reported it to the listing ad site.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:57 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you did not get caught in anything. Hope you find one that fits yer needs.