General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally found me a bike!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 06:00 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
Also. It sounds like this is going to be your 1st Harley so in case you don't know already................Harleys get a little wigged out when they get a new owner and are put into an unfamiliar environment.

It is important that the 1st night or so you stay with it in the garage or carport to make it feel secure.

The best thing would be to let it sleep in the house with you for a day or two but wife's/GF's sometimes have issues with that and the ensuing fighting that will occure can upset the new bike as well.
I almost spit my coffee out!

Old 12-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Headcockedsideways
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chopped7
man that looks like my old rk.

too bad it looks like this now after the wreck.

LOL...yup....almost twins, huh.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Bike-R-Mike
Tourer

Gee.......... I don't know what it is , but there's just something about that bike I like . I think you'll be pretty happy with it .

Old 12-12-2010, 11:47 AM
softone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats

I understand your insane excitement. I waited and watched for years/months till I knew it was time to pull the trigger. I also sent 4 kids through college. Got on with my little 883 '98 Sporty in the meantime - even rode it to Sturgis. Then I saw it on Craigslist 9/2010. A 2003 Anniversary FLSTCI, 2 tone, 8k miles, SE exhaust. Guy needed a new roof and siding. Took $7,000 for it. Got to put on 500 miles before winter bedtime. Using my saved $$ to add my personal fun. Can't wait till March. There's nothing better than a dream come true. Congrats!

Attached Thumbnails Finally found me a bike!-img_1286.jpg  
Old 12-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Headcockedsideways
Tourer

Originally Posted by softone
I understand your insane excitement. I waited and watched for years/months till I knew it was time to pull the trigger. I also sent 4 kids through college. Got on with my little 883 '98 Sporty in the meantime - even rode it to Sturgis. Then I saw it on Craigslist 9/2010. A 2003 Anniversary FLSTCI, 2 tone, 8k miles, SE exhaust. Guy needed a new roof and siding. Took $7,000 for it. Got to put on 500 miles before winter bedtime. Using my saved $$ to add my personal fun. Can't wait till March. There's nothing better than a dream come true. Congrats!

Cool....looks like you got a real bargain there. There will be many of us waiting to get the new toy out there come spring.

It's supposed to be like 25 degrees here tomorrow but I'm picking that Road King up, I don't care if it's 25 below...LOL.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:03 PM
TMM
Advanced

Good things come to those who wait. Looks like you found a winner, beautiful bike. But then, I'm partial to Road Kings anyway.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:25 AM
#1rocketman
Road Captain
Default Monday

Well today is Monday...let us know if you got your scoot!

Old 12-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Headcockedsideways
Tourer

Originally Posted by #1rocketman
Well today is Monday...let us know if you got your scoot!

Nope....I drove almost 300 miles to check it out (cash in hand) but the bike wasn't exactly as he said it was....really rough around the edges.....so I'm still shopping.

He had told me he owned it 2 years, the title showed he had had it 3 mos. It had oil showing around one cylinder head....seemed like every bolthead on it had been treated rough....mileage was 82K (he told me 56K)...one bag all cracked up.....

Dude is one great BSer....and a fantastic photographer.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:41 AM
LadyDeluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. I'm sure the search continues, your bike is out there somewhere. Good luck and enjoy the hunt.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Headcockedsideways
Tourer

OK...I found my bike. Not sure I love the color yet (but I do have a paint/body shop if I don't) but I love the bike. 98 Road King Classic. 23K mi. on it.

Last edited by Headcockedsideways; 12-18-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally found me a bike!