General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My garage

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 01:45 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Throw your O/L out there for a few days. She'll get eveything in order and you'll probably be able to fit in a new pool table to boot.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:39 AM
skimskim3074
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup, that's might be true.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 AM
champ198
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

my garage is small too..12x24 or so single car garage. what i did was got a storage shed to put in the back yard to keep all the BS that dont get used much cleared up a lot of space. wifes car and my truck sit outside bike stays in the heated garage and most of the time i have enough room to work. planning on in a year or so getting a softail and im planning on keeping the sporty too so that will put another bike in there...then i might have to do a little rearangin

Old 12-09-2010, 09:56 AM
iceman336
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

http://garageboyz.ca/html/lifts.html

Deluxe Loft-It Storage Lift System
  • Platform size of 4’ x 8’
  • Lifting capacity of 1200 lbs.
  • Extremely safe and secure
  • Can’t overload - The Loft-It system will not raise if the weight limit is exceeded
  • Motor in the base of the unit
  • Constructed from aircraft grade aluminum
  • Stainless Steel lifting cables
  • Locked with a key-controlled switch
  • Designed to last
  • One-year Limited Warranty
  • Stores flat against wall
  • Black anodized frame
  • Heavy duty PVC diamond plate flooring
  • Slat wall backing
Storage Lift System
Why waste space, or worse, have to give up something you really love because you just don't have enough storage room?
The Loft-It Storage Lift System is the ideal solution for seasonal exchange of your yard and recreational vehicles...or for when you just want more room.
With a lifting capacity of up to 1,200 pounds and a deck size of 4'X8', Loft-It is strong enough and large enough to hold a full size motorcycle! Fully motorized, Loft-It is as easy to raise as inserting the security key and turning the switch.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:53 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by NickD
My garage is small too . . .

A single car deal built in the 1940s. Everything is always a big shuffle in there, move the bike, move the car, etc. But hey, you make do.

Your old single car garage has soul, history, and "class", like a Harley! I like it.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:06 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,985 Likes on 17,897 Posts

After I got my garage sorts done and had gotten busy I was griping about needing a bigger place , My woman bless her heart took a look around and told me " No , you need limits "

Could be she is right .

Old 12-09-2010, 12:06 PM
sunman76
Advanced

car stays outside unless hail, snow, or ice

Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

Think about one of those amish built portable sheds...

Old 12-09-2010, 04:02 PM
EddieBlaize
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by teacherman
What to do?
My garage is 15 by 24. (feet) I have a car, a Sporty, a Road King Classic due to arrive in two weeks, a table saw (two, actually), two rolling shelves, two deer hanging, and it feels suspiciously like another Kansas winter is having its way with the weather. My plan is to have two bikes on rollaround dollies, a table saw, and a car in there all at the same time.

I built this place as a stone carving studio about ten years ago. (used to make my living carving animals and mantelpieces) 11 foot ceiling, with a canoe and cartop carrier hanging from the ceiling. Dang if it doesn't feel like I am stumbling and tripping over everything whenever I try to do anything out there. What to do? I know the bikes take priority, but I have a rock climbing wall, three bicycles, two mowers, two string trimmers, and all sorts of other $h1† that really should be out of the weather without being in my living room.

What to do? If only I lived in the country. Blew my wad paying for a new RKC (gotta have priorities)

I will try to post a pic at some point when I get the place looking decent.

Basically just bitching a little bit. Anybody else feel a bit space constrained?

Eat the deer.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:22 PM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 83 Posts

All opinions differ, but regardless of the size of the garge; the following rules have allowed me to have my sanity and stay happily married for many years.

1. Sheds are for storing all lawn equipment, kids bicycles and non-motorhead related bullshit that the Mrs claims she needs.

2. Workshops are to be in the basement for woodworking, painting, crafts or any other non-moterhead stuff her and the kids dream up.

3. Garages are not and will never be used for storing cars (unless it is a project car that your building or you need to do a major repair in the winter and can't tolerate laying in the freezing rain and /or snow any longer.)

4. Garages are for workbenches with grinders and vices mounted to them. Shelves filled with supplies. An A/C unit in the window to keep you cool in the summer and baseboard heat to keep you warm in the winter. Garages are for Tool chest's, Drill presses, cherry pickers, Welders, Jacks and lifts needed for Bikes and ATVs'. Plus a small fridge to keep the Jack n Coke, Beer and some food easily available and of course Tunes.

Hope it helps!

Quick Reply: My garage