General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone remember Eddie Reed or Paul Westmeyer?Attn:1970s-era,Mt.Vernon/Bronx, NY

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 05:43 PM
kenneth668
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone remember Eddie Reed or Paul Westmeyer?Attn:1970s-era,Mt.Vernon/Bronx, NY

Hello everyone. My name is Kenneth Corday and I looked up names of people my late Dad knew from his days as a motorcycle enthusiast in NY. My dad was Larry Corday. Not sure if you knew Larry but in the 1970s dad was riding in the Bronx/Mount Vernon,NY-area and knew Mardo, was a good friend of Eddie Reed, and knew guys with names like John, Eddie Spaghetti, Paul Westmeyer, Richie Squarepipes among others.Larry being a machinist helped his friends with machine work as he was a true craftsman. Larry used to go to the TEE PEE DINER and up to Valhalla to some Beer Garden. The 2 guys I remember most were Paul and Eddie Reed as Dad took me to their shops in Mount Vernon. I was sorry to hear of Eddie Reeds passing. I remember Dad telling me how he spent New Year's eve '77 enjoying Jack Daniels and shooting the breeze w/Eddie Reed. As for Paul, in 1978 Paul and Dad attempted to build/market a hydraulic clutch which at the time didn't work out. I am interested in this history as I got my first bike last May...a 2009 Harley Davidson Sportster 883. I am 42 and live in the Atlanta area. I miss my Dad and wished he could have shared in my new interest. Anything you can share in information I would be grateful. You and all your friends ride safely. Kenneth P. Corday( kenneth668@yahoo.com)

Old 12-07-2010, 09:23 PM
hommes
Road Captain

Try facebook. I haven't but a friend of mine hooked up again with people he lost track of 40 years or more ago. Truly facinating stuff. Good luck.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

See my response to your other post. Eddie has passed away, Tall Paul is still around.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:07 AM
kenneth668
4th Gear
Default Thanks Wraplock...

I am new to this forum but appreciate your help sir. I started a new fan page/group called BRONX MC FANS.
The group/page is dedicated to the rememberence of the 1970s-era Motorcycle Club that congregated around the Bronx, Mount Vernon, and Westchester area of the New York City metro area called the BRONX MC. One of it's legendary members was the late Eddie Reed who owned a motorcycle shop in Mount Vernon. My late dad Larry Corday was a friend/associate of their who as a skilled machinist offered his craftsmanship to them and helped with machine work as well as pioneered a hydraulic clutch in 1978. Long live the BRONX MC.
Look for us on FACEBOOK
E-Mail: bronxmc@groups.facebook.com