General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 07:51 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy Harry
I watched it.

Me too, though I often grimace repeatedly during the show.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:55 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy Harry
I watched it.
Oh, yeah...me too....

I will NOT be denied my chance to watch a train wreck...for free. Besides, with this new format, the whole life in review. I get to see ALL the family difunction. I just wish they had the Paul Sr. early years when he was a drunk/druggie......we then can really get the whole picture of why these people should be GRATEFUL for everything as they would/should be living in a van down by the river.....

Last edited by "Dutch"; 12-07-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:04 PM
runnhrd
Road Master
Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

All I can say is,, OH DANG!!! Rofl

Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Harleybass
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S o p

Originally Posted by rocknrick
This type of business deal is not unusual. It is business as usual for the wealthy. Period. That is what's sad.
Right on the head with that one! Companies and Corporations do this all the time, it's called a wise business decision. If you or I do it, we're branded "Deadbeats"!

Old 12-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Tactical111
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up Foreclosure Theme Bike!

Originally Posted by Geoff
Paul Sr. should build a Chapter 11 Reorganization theme bike!

Now THAT sh*t is funny. Maybe they could have the painter emboss "seized property" stickers into the tank!? HA! LMAO here.

BTW my favorite part of the show was when Paulie and Vinnie would be working their ***** off on a $150k theme bike and the old man would wander out of the office, see some pop cans on the bench and start screaming at them to clean up the shop. I always figured it had to be staged as NO ONE could be such a BIG DUMB *sshole as that guy.

Last edited by Tactical111; 12-07-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:55 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I pretty much quit watching when they were wrecking new trucks for laffs. "Hey Pop, I ripped your bumper off..HAW HAW". Then a couple of years later, I tuned in and was really suprised by their palatial new HQ. WTF? But I did get a laugh at the CEOs of companies that were dumb enough to pay 150K for bikes during the "unveil" (BTW, shouldn't be "unveiling?)...anyway, they always had their employees out their snapping pics, while none of them, CEOs included, really had any idea what they were looking at. They'd sit on it, but never ride it. I always wondered how many of those employees thought "I can't get a raise, but...."

As far as Mikey, he wouldn't last 2 days at Mcdonald's. He's the luckiest bastard since Ringo.

Last edited by warrconn; 12-07-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:11 PM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by warrconn
... As far as Mikey, he wouldn't last 2 days at Mcdonald's. He's the luckiest bastard since Ringo.
Now that's the funniest and most factual statment I have read on this forum in a long, long time!!!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leicafish
To me that is Ghetto, The guy made millions on the show and now is going to stiff the agency that lent them the money. They borrowed 12.5 million pay it back, not renegotiate to 7 million.

Just scum and the public will pay for this crap. That was the whole credit problem to begin with lending money to people that are scum.
You sound like the last collection agent that called my house...

You certainly don't understand that the banks can simply write off any unrecoverable debt. But they will foreclose on any property they have before, then resell it at a greatly reduced price, and still collect the remainder through tax write-offs/insurance. If the credit holder were to go out of business because of nonrecoverable loans, you can bet your *** that they covered all profits leading to that point, and use the bankrupt laws to their advantage. They have a ton of lawyers standing by, just for that purpose. So, by your definition, the credit agency would also fall under the title of 'scum'...

Originally Posted by Tactical111
Now THAT sh*t is funny. Maybe they could have the painter emboss "seized property" stickers into the tank!? HA! LMAO here.

BTW my favorite part of the show was when Paulie and Vinnie would be working their ***** off on a $150k theme bike and the old man would wander out of the office, see some pop cans on the bench and start screaming at them to clean up the shop. I always figured it had to be staged as NO ONE could be such a BIG DUMB *sshole as that guy.
I've actually worked for worse asses than Paul Sr., YES, I have!

If you believe in 'ethical business practices', you've succumbed to all the advertising scams ever produced...

Last edited by CroK; 12-07-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by warrconn
I pretty much quit watching when they were wrecking new trucks for laffs. "Hey Pop, I ripped your bumper off..HAW HAW". Then a couple of years later, I tuned in and was really suprised by their palatial new HQ. WTF? But I did get a laugh at the CEOs of companies that were dumb enough to pay 150K for bikes during the "unveil" (BTW, shouldn't be "unveiling?)...anyway, they always had their employees out their snapping pics, while none of them, CEOs included, really had any idea what they were looking at. They'd sit on it, but never ride it. I always wondered how many of those employees thought "I can't get a raise, but...."

As far as Mikey, he wouldn't last 2 days at Mcdonald's. He's the luckiest bastard since Ringo.
Actually the smart one in the group (Turd-tal Family stick), Paul Jr. blessed with a knack for the obvious always discribed what they were looking at. Here I will give an examle:

Paul Jr.:

I just want to say thank you for giving us this opportunity to build this bike. What we did here is put some parts on a motorcycle; it has two wheels, hum, so it can be riden. Ah, the parts we incorperated (big word for ol jr.) to make this a theme bike, ah, were ideas we came up with when we toured, hum, your company. The wheels are round and ah, inside we incorperated our images of OCC, which is pretty cool, on your theme bike. What is also cool, is ah, when you sit on the bike it feels great. Hum, the way it rides is really awesome. Huh, I hope you enjoy the bike as much as we enjoyed, hum building it.

Thank you. Thank you, you folk have been great. Have a great evening. Enjoy the show. Again, please tip the staff.

Last edited by "Dutch"; 12-07-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:37 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

[quote=CroK;7629202]You sound like the last collection agent that called my house...

You certainly don't understand that the banks can simply write off any unrecoverable debt. But they will foreclose on any property they have before, then resell it at a greatly reduced price, and still collect the remainder through tax write-offs/insurance and use the bankrupt laws to their advantage. If the credit holder were to go out of business because of lost debts, you can bet your *** that they covered all profits leading to that point. They have a ton of lawyers standing by, just for that purpose. So, by your definition, the credit agency would also fall under the title of 'scum'...[/quote]

...and the 9-5 white collar workers have finally arrive! Yes folks that ball right there went deep to the left center wall and out of the park. Ball game, Johnny...ball game. Great hit by Croc number 7 in your programs ladies and gentleman....

Everyone will see how much business sense that fu manchu asshat really has once the paperwork is final. Yeah, it looks like great business moves now. He has INVESTORS backing the bills. They, most likely, told him to stop making the payments. Let it go to foreclosure. We will file for Chapter 11; you keep the business and everyone is happy.

Only he will be the one holding the bag smelling of rotten fecial matter; left with the remaining debt amount. Known as the 20% lender on that 80-20 split.

Yeah the bank can write that off, but they want hard money if they can get it. Not a later "write-off" that is technically future money, unseen.

Hope he did not like that house, jr so eloquently felt he paid for...that very well could be gone. Not that he will lose it to pay any debt, but to live the remaining years of his life without fear of having no money. Known as downsizing...

Last edited by "Dutch"; 12-07-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure